reviewed UtiliTEA by Adagio by Teaware

My husband got me this for our 2yr wedding anniversary (a little early as it’s not for another week) and I love it. I didn’t want anything super fancy as I mostly drink black teas, but I was tired of constantly guessing temperatures when I made my green/oolong teas.

This heats the water ridiculously quickly & it’s kind of spoiled me. I was boiling water for pasta yesterday and thought “Why is this taking so long to boil?!” I realized that I had already gotten used to the quickness of this kettle and laughed at myself.

The only criticisms I have are:

1. There is no specific temp settings- there are color markings for 180 and 212 and I know that if you set it between or below those color markings you get more varied temps, but it’d be nice to have some indication of other temps. I don’t need it so much but it’d be nice. If you need more specific temps and can afford to splurge on a higher end electric kettle, go for it. But this is more than enough for me :)

2. It could use some sort of indicator as to it being done. Like a ding or something since it doesn’t whistle. That’s not a big deal to me as it heats the water so fast, I don’t even bother to leave the kitchen. But it’d be handy.

Michelle

I have this myself and I love it! Congrats on your anniversary :)

Tawny Kira