drank Pina Colada Honeybush by 52teas

This blend is made of plenty of honeybush with large chunks of pineapple and coconut shavings mixed in. It’s really something to see and the aroma is so close to an actual pina colada I can’t stress how wet my palate was while waiting for the ensemble to brew the suggested 10 minutes.

The liquor brews an interestingly dark amber-brown. The aroma foretells the sweetness in the flavor. However the pineapple is subdued a bit with the coconut taking the forefront in the steeped aroma.

Once this tea is in the mouth it’s unbelievably smooth. For a tea without milk, this is a bit surprising. I enjoyed the play of the coconut on the palate with the pineapple tartness lightly teasing the edges of the mouth.

I recommend this tisane to everyone. It’s really something which needs to be tried, and at only roughly $8 (including shipping) you can’t go wrong!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
52teas

I don’t know if you got our news or not, but this tea won third place in the Flavored Herbal Teas category of the North American Tea Championship last month.

Tea-Guy

I did! Congratulations are in order by the way!

I added a note to this teas’ description yesterday about the third place win and a note is included in my forthcoming review to be posted next week on my blog.

Comments

52teas

Tea-Guy

I did! Congratulations are in order by the way!

[ IF YOU LIKE MY REVIEWS HERE ON STEEPSTER, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG @ www.Tea-Guy.com ]

Insane about tea and technology!

Born in Maryland in a suburb of D.C. humorously named “Chevy Chase” I moved to Cincinnati as a… wait… you don’t want to read this crap!

My tea birth came in 2004. While I had been drinking tea throughout my life it was more of a seasonal enjoyment and not something as empassioned as what it gives me now.

I’m currently working to start a couple tea related businesses and run a little tea blog reviewing tea and tea related items.

You should drop by! Seriously! The door’s open!

Cincinnati, OH