This wonderful teas’ leaves don’t look anything like any oolong I’ve ever had. They’re not balled. Instead they’re twisted. They’re not uniformly colored or monochrome either. Instead, they’re a mixture of brown, gold, green and white leaves. The aroma is more hay and straw than anything else.

Once brewed, the leaves produce a wonderful orange liquor that, while clear, reminds me of sherbet. The brewed aroma smells more of a light Chinese green. Not so much grassy as artichoke-like but not heavily so.

The flavor is light, easy on the palate and smooth. While there is some astringency and a light drying of the palate it’s subtle. Flavors of straw and hay combine with notes of a floral undertone which seems to add some sweetness to the brew.

[ IF YOU LIKE MY REVIEWS HERE ON STEEPSTER, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG @ www.Tea-Guy.com ]

Insane about tea and technology!

Born in Maryland in a suburb of D.C. humorously named “Chevy Chase” I moved to Cincinnati as a… wait… you don’t want to read this crap!

My tea birth came in 2004. While I had been drinking tea throughout my life it was more of a seasonal enjoyment and not something as empassioned as what it gives me now.

I’m currently working to start a couple tea related businesses and run a little tea blog reviewing tea and tea related items.

You should drop by! Seriously! The door’s open!

Cincinnati, OH