Another from AJRimmer! Thanks again! Hibiscus is what you’re gonna get here. Lots of hibiscus. It’s a shame, because I know there are other ingredients here and the blend looks so lovely and colorful. The photo even looks like it has much less hibiscus than my sample did. I just wish the hibiscus was toned down! Otherwise, it’s a very earthy cup, with a hint of another sort of tang, like orange. Some great ingredients here, but I agree with AJRimmer – take that hibiscus out! Then the mango and papaya can pop more. Overall, the fruit flavor is earthier rather than a fresh fruit type, so this isn’t something I’d want to drink even without the hibiscus.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons // 20 minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 8 minutes after boiling // 3 min

tea-sipper

Also, two hibiscus teas yesterday. NO. I need a hibiscus break.

LuckyMe

I’m at the point now where if I’m shopping for a tea and a blend has hibiscus in it, I move on. It always seems to overpower and turn everything sour.

Agree, LuckyMe.

Comments

tea-sipper

Also, two hibiscus teas yesterday. NO. I need a hibiscus break.

LuckyMe

Agree, LuckyMe.

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

I’m always in search of: Hattialli, Qu Hao black, Jin Jun Mei, teas using marshmallow root.

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings:
95-100 – Super awesome deliciousness favorites – cupboard essential
80-95 – Also pretty delicious
65-80 – Pretty good
50-65 – Okay
1-50 – Probably won’t want to sip it again

I’m planning on being a Steepsterer as long as there IS a Steepster, so if you’re not hearing from me, that means something happened to my health… if you know what I mean. (Or as evidenced by the great computer hiatus of 2019, something happened to my computer.) :D

Happy sipping!