Made this for the second time and this amazing tea lasted strong through THREE steepings! Not all teas can even make it through a second steeping. (OK, and yes some nasty teas barely survive one steeping…)

I am in love with Joy’s Teaspoon. I will be back again and again and again…

Uniquity

Agreed on so many counts…what size mug were you using to get three steeps? I’ve been wondering lately if I get less steeps because I use a pretty large mug most of the time. Though when it comes to Joy’s Teaspoon, I always get at least 2 steeps, and sometimes 4! (2 cups 2 times)

KeenTeaThyme

That’s funny – I always think I get less steepings because I want a strong, bold tea. :) I use a Fiestaware mug most of the time. I moved recently and can’t find my Big Ol’ Mug I used to use. Boo.

Comments

Uniquity

KeenTeaThyme

Hello fellow tea fans!
I’ve been a tea enthusiast for years but just recently started brewing my own. I’ve created some blends, and enjoy researching about new teas. I combined my love of tea and writing to create a tea-devoted blog, Keen Tea Thyme. I have been writing for most of my life and am a former journalist with a degree in Communications and Social Psychology, and a minor in Writing. Journalism is in my blood, so that means I’m inquisitive by nature, will double-check sources and/or get a second opinion as needed, but also fair and balanced in my reviews. If my reviews seem more positive, energetic and have high ratings, it’s because I love tea. :)

If you are a tea company, I’d love to review some your tea! Free samples are always welcome so I can fully enjoy the freshest selections. I’m also open to tea swaps as I always have too many teas on hand to drink & would love to share with other tea enthusiasts! :)

My Simple Rating Scale (as of Feb. 2011)
>50: I’m NOT a fan. I could barely finish the cup, if I even did. I wouldn’t even recommend this to my worst enemy. Not worth my time nor yours.

51-65: Good aroma, good flavor. Just nothing pops to give the tea that special kick. Recommended to try; our tasting palates differ.

66-79: Yes, finally, tea – unique flavor profiles, great aroma & flavor. Recommended to try; our tasting palates differ.

80-99: These are cupboard essentials – delicious, aromatic and perfect everyday teas. Re-steepable (beyond at least one steeping). Highly recommended, fun for all ages.

100: These are my favorites, the ones I would take with me if stranded on a desert island. Beyond Highly Recommended.

Just Launched: Keen Tea Thyme @ Etsy

Check out my shop at Tea Trade:

Be “keen” on tea at Keen Tea Thyme, my blog:
Reviews, blogs, tea leaf readings, puzzles, contests and more.

And check out some of my blends from Adagio:
Toasted Marshmallow

Vampire Lemonade

If you have a signature blend you’d like me to try, we can swap teas! PM me for details! :)

Happy Brewing! :)