drank Cashew Turtle by 52teas

OK, so I’ve been sick again and I got behind in the 12 Days of Christmas. I’m not sure which day this is, but I know it’s not today’s, nor one in the future. I’m going to try to be good about this the rest of the time and follow the instructions like a good gal.

On to the tea.

This smells heavenly – if heaven were made of chocolate and cashews, and I think in my own heaven that would be a floor. This reminds me of the turtles I used to get as a kid visiting in upstate New York, stopping by for our weekly fix at Abbott’s (a custard place), back when I could eat such things.

Steeped for about four minutes, since it’s a black tea, and the liquor is a deep choco-brown.

First sip – and it tastes exactly like it smells! (Of course, since Frank blended it.) I down three more sips; I want to gulp it, but it would scald my throat… I’m allergic to an enzyme in milk chocolate (as well as other dairy products) so normally I can’t indulge. This is a real treat!

This tastes like chocolate and nutty goodness. The only problem? Now I want a “real” turtle. I’ll have to “settle” for a second cuppa.

LiberTEAS

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling under the weather… I hope you feel better soon!

Jillian

get well soon :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

Jillian

get well soon :)

Hello fellow tea fans!
I’ve been a tea enthusiast for years but just recently started brewing my own. I’ve created some blends, and enjoy researching about new teas. I combined my love of tea and writing to create a tea-devoted blog, Keen Tea Thyme. I have been writing for most of my life and am a former journalist with a degree in Communications and Social Psychology, and a minor in Writing. Journalism is in my blood, so that means I’m inquisitive by nature, will double-check sources and/or get a second opinion as needed, but also fair and balanced in my reviews. If my reviews seem more positive, energetic and have high ratings, it’s because I love tea. :)

If you are a tea company, I’d love to review some your tea! Free samples are always welcome so I can fully enjoy the freshest selections. I’m also open to tea swaps as I always have too many teas on hand to drink & would love to share with other tea enthusiasts! :)

My Simple Rating Scale (as of Feb. 2011)
>50: I’m NOT a fan. I could barely finish the cup, if I even did. I wouldn’t even recommend this to my worst enemy. Not worth my time nor yours.

51-65: Good aroma, good flavor. Just nothing pops to give the tea that special kick. Recommended to try; our tasting palates differ.

66-79: Yes, finally, tea – unique flavor profiles, great aroma & flavor. Recommended to try; our tasting palates differ.

80-99: These are cupboard essentials – delicious, aromatic and perfect everyday teas. Re-steepable (beyond at least one steeping). Highly recommended, fun for all ages.

100: These are my favorites, the ones I would take with me if stranded on a desert island. Beyond Highly Recommended.

Just Launched: Keen Tea Thyme @ Etsy

Check out my shop at Tea Trade:

Be “keen” on tea at Keen Tea Thyme, my blog:
Reviews, blogs, tea leaf readings, puzzles, contests and more.

And check out some of my blends from Adagio:
Toasted Marshmallow

Vampire Lemonade

If you have a signature blend you’d like me to try, we can swap teas! PM me for details! :)

Happy Brewing! :)