AriZona’s iced teas have always been hit or miss with me. Their standard lemon flavored iced tea used to be my go-to, no frills beverage. Once they started coming out with more complex iced tea flavors bombarded with fruit fusions and energy potions (lol), the more I strayed from AriZona’s drinks altogether—with the exception of maybe their Green Tea w/ Ginseng & Honey variety.

Well, it wasn’t until my sister implored me to try their newish Southern Style Sweet Tea that I came running back to their tall $0.99 cans again. Everything I loved about their basic lemon iced tea in terms of simplicity, I found in this iced tea. No frills and straight to the point, even when it comes to the packaging*. It is what it says it is, and that’s an iced tea sweetened with gobs of sugar for a deliciously refreshing, thirst-quenching experience.

For me, that’s what puts this sweet tea above its competition (i.e. McDonald’s $1 Sweet Tea): overall, it’s a refreshment and it owns up to it.

Did I mention how refreshing this sweet tea is? ;P

*An interesting side note about AriZona’s original Sweet Tea packaging, before it was changed due to racial undertones: http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/arizona.asp

U.C.I. alumnus, aspiring advertising copywriter, softcore gamer, hardcore athlete, penniless philanthropist, Hollywood actor, phashion physicist. ;]

Los Angeles, California [USA]