drank Glitter & Gold by DAVIDsTEA

I can’t say enough great things about this tea! It was such a pleasant surprise! I stopped by the David’s tea on Bleecker Street and was going to get a sample of it to try, because although the description was alluring, I am skeptical of overtly cinnamon-flavored teas. However, all that hesitation melted away once the salesperson lined up some flavored black teas for me to smell. I instantly swapped the sample packet for a large pouch, and it is easily one of the best decisions I’ve made! The cinnamon is so subtle, its just a warming hint of sweetness that is capable of melting away the harsh winter days!!

“The heaven of modern humanity is indeed shattered in the Cyclopean struggle for wealth and power. The world is groping in the shadow of egotism and vulgarity. Knowledge is bought through a bad conscience, benevolence practised for the sake of utility. The East and West, like two dragons tossed in a sea of ferment, in vain strive to regain the jewel of life…Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea. The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle. Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.” – Kakuzo Okakura, “The Book of Tea”

I am happiest at a tea room, or snuggled up at home with a freshly brewed cup.

New Jersey