Wow. This is an amazing black tea. Here we go…

As soon as I opened this package, I was transported to a campfire in the woods on a cold night. (Yes, I’ve been known to camp on cold nights…brr!) The tea leaves give off a subtly smoky aroma, like the charred ashes of a dying fire.

Although I love that smell, I wasn’t sure if I’d like to taste it in a tea. Sure enough, I do! The smoky flavor of the tea is delightful. It really warmed me up inside, making it perfect for cold weather days. I thought the tea was a touch bitter, which is something I come to expect and enjoy in most black teas. It leaves a smoky aftertaste. I’ll be ordering this smooth, rich blend again.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Glad you liked it! You may want to try a 3-minute infusion – it’s worlds better :)

Ahhh cold-weather camping. :) That’s one of the memories I created this blend around. Glad that came across!

Sarah

I’ll try a shorter infusion the next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Sarah

I’ll try a shorter infusion the next time. Thanks for the suggestion!

My favorite types of tea are green, white, and green oolongs. I adore mildly floral teas like jasmine and rose. Fruit blends are also swell, especially if they feature berries, pineapple, and/or coconut.

Although I don’t like unflavored black teas, I do enjoy a few flavored black teas – lychee, apple rose, and Earl Grey. I also enjoy an occasional cup of basic pu-erh tea.

My rating system works like a school’s grading scale:

90-100 = A (Out of this world!)
80-89 = B (I’ll buy it again.)
70-79 = C (Merely average.)
60-69 = D (Not my “cup of tea”.)
0-59 = FAIL (I’ll try anything once.)

NC