Stuck inside in Boston today, at least my TOMC box came from Verdant yesterday. Starting with this one as recommended (and because it’s the only one I haven’t tried – I know I like the other two!). I’ll have to do a better tasting note later, because I’m having trouble with the flavor details, but I can say that I really like it :P I’m not always a Tieguanyin fan, but this has more than the typical vegetal/buttery notes – more sweet flowers, and a creamy texture. Definitely sweet. Tasty! Now on to the Mi Lan…

3g in 3.5oz glass oolong pot, ~8 steeps so far

Bonnie

We’re all hanging in there with you! Hurt one of us, you hurt us all! Stay safe!

Comments

Bonnie

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA