drank Dancong Aria by Adagio Teas

Still my favorite oolong? Yep.

Apparently boiling water into room temp tiny glass pot → 200°F starting temperature. This is a little hotter than the last time I had this tea, and the aroma is roastier than I recall. There’s still some fruit, fortunately. Likewise for the taste: a little toast, but still peachy, and a nice tropical fruit aftertaste (or maybe that’s orchid? I haven’t eaten an orchid before). Still, think I understeeped this a little – more leaf next time.

2nd steep at 195 and 4 minutes

LiberTEAS

This sounds like one I will have to try when I order from them next time……

teabird

I got in when they were promoting a Chinese teas sampler, which was really a pleasant surprise all around; this was my favorite of the 4, narrowly beating out Dongshan Dolce

LiberTEAS

I did get the Dongshan Dolce the last time I placed an order with them… I haven’t even had a chance to try it yet! LOL

Comments

LiberTEAS

This sounds like one I will have to try when I order from them next time……

teabird

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA