drank Dongshan Dolce by Adagio Teas

This might be the first green tea I have really enjoyed, hot and plain. The description is right on – if a tea could taste like a soft, buttered dinner roll? This one does. Not the least bit vegetal, as I understand the word, no spinach or asparagus. Just a light, smooth, sweet and savory flavor. Compared to other light teas (white, green, oolong) this is very tasty.

Ended up getting ~ 4 steeps out of it, all 2-3 minutes

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA