drank Thai Tea Blend by Teavana

This was nice enough plain, sweet, with the rooibos and coconut coming through most strongly. With a bit of cream though, it’s delicious; very rich, smooth, sweet. It would be good with a bit of sugar, but it’s plenty sweet without. I’d put it in the chai category, personally, despite the lack of actually spices, something about the vanilla/rooibos/almond; in fact, I should try preparing it chai-latte style next time.

LiberTEAS

My favorite way to serve this is Thai Iced Tea style – brew it a bit stronger than usual, sweeten, allow to cool, and then when you serve it, top it with sweetened condensed milk. I know it sounds weird, but it is so goooooood! It would also be good with coconut milk instead of the sweetened condensed milk.

Comments

LiberTEAS

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA