drank Bleu Peacock by Mighty Leaf Tea

This one really hit its stride around steep 4 for me today. I used more leaf than usual (1tsp/4oz) and shorter steep times (1-3 minutes), trying to treat it like the green/oolong blend it is. I get the vanilla and jasmine flavors more than caramel, and nothing I recognize as vegetal, so I’ll try to compare this to Golden Moon’s Vanilla Jasmine in the near future.

I was going to make this a note-less log, but when steep 4 came out the best yet I felt compelled to comment!
ETA: For the curious, I ended up steeping this seven times, with 4 and 5 being my favorites, so I’m bumping the rating for endurance. Don’t give up if the first steep or two is harsh!

LiberTEAS

This is one that I really want to try.

teabird

I’m always impressed with flavored teas whose flavor lasts through multiple steeps. Steep 5 was likewise good, and I just noticed from the description that this is supposed to taste of citrus and spice?! Not what I get from it at all, but it is very tasty.

Comments

LiberTEAS

This is one that I really want to try.

teabird

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA