drank Cream by Adagio Teas

Had a small cup of this to compare to Herbal Infusion’s Canadian Maple Cream – they are pretty similar. The flavor here is a little stronger and sharper (that coffee hint), but overall I’d have a hard time choosing between the two. Adagio’s is smoother when plain, but HI’s was naturally flavored and would probably steep a couple of times (I didn’t think to try earlier). I’ll probably end up buying my next tin of Cream tea from whichever company has more (other) things I want.

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA