drank Dongshan Dolce by Adagio Teas

My water temp must have been too cool this time, or something, because this is looking and tasting a lot more like white tea than the bright buttery green I remember. Still nice flavors, but rather mild :( will try to fix on the second steep.

ETA: 2nd steep, checked the water temp this time: 175˚F. That’s a little cool, but should have been fine. I’m wondering now if this is just getting old – it’s been… about a year? since I bought it. Ah well, I’ll just have to drink more soon :)

1.1g tea, 3.5oz water

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA