drank Sweet Thai Delight by Yogi Tea

Thanks to Lisbet for the sample! (I know I rated it badly, but I do like getting to try new teas)

(Backlogging) I wanted to like this, I really did :( It’s sweet, and cinnamony, but I just couldn’t get past the anise. I’m a licorice hater. I really couldn’t drink this hot, so I put it in the frige overnight and tried it cold with lots of milk the next day. That was… drinkable, so if you only have a mild anise dislike, cold+cream might work for you. The rooibos is detectable, and a perfectly good base for this blend.

Anyway, between anise, my distaste for chicory, and the fact that my mother only drank herbal teas when I was a child, there’s good reason that I thought for years I didn’t like tea!

Boiling 8 min or more
gmathis

Yogi is way too licorice happy…I thnk I have yet to try one I really liked; there’s a cocoa spice that isn’t too bad.

teabird

Lisbet sent me a bag of that too! I just haven’t reviewed it yet. It was definitely better, but the chicory still kinda puts me off :( That one gets into pretty much any herbal blend that rooibos doesn’t.

Comments

gmathis

teabird

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA