drank Throat Comfort by Yogi Tea

Ugh. I’m drinking this because I have a sore throat tonight, and it’s the only throat tea in my cupboard, apparently. I don’t think I realized, when I bought a full box, that it tastes much more licorice-y than Traditional Medicinals :( almost undrinkably so, for me. Almost, but not quite, when my throat hurts.

It’s effective, and sweet, so if you don’t mind fennel or anise it’s a great choice. I, on the other hand, might need to give the rest of the box away so I have an excuse to buy TM’s instead…

Boiling 8 min or more
Cofftea

LeafSpa’s Organic Honey Vanilla White works and tastes AMAZING… even when I’m not OCD w/ my steeping parameters. For added effect and flavor add a pinch of dried ginger root to each cup. I drank 80oz of it today.

teabird

That’s really good to know!

Comments

Cofftea

teabird

That’s really good to know!

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA