drank Breakfast in Bed by Liber Teas

This was probably the most exciting sample out of my SororiTEA Sisters prize package – I hadn’t gotten to try any of LiberTEAS’ creations before! And it’s lovely. Smells like a cinnamon roll, but the light pastry kind, not the heavy buttery side. I wouldn’t have guessed that rose, cinnamon, and vanilla would go so well together but they really do.

This is light, sweet, and delicious without anything added.

Some notes on ratings:

I’d have separate rating scales for tea types if that were possible (probably Black, Flavored Black, Darjeeling/Dark Oolong, White/Green/Light Oolong, and Herbal) because the flavors and quality markers are just too different. A flavored black rated 100 isn’t better than every oolong I’ve ever drunk, just delicious for a flavored black.

Ratings are a combination of my enjoyment and the perceived quality – I do often demote teas a few points for artificial flavorings, small quantity of steeps supported, or weakness of flavor (requiring extra leaf).

I pay less attention to the number than the order of my ratings; I don’t necessarily keep a stock of everything rated 80+, but if two breakfast blends are rated 82 and 84 I consistently enjoy the 84 more.

And in case it’s not obvious? I am not an expert. I don’t even know what I like until I taste it sometimes, but I’m ok with that :) I like learning to like new teas, as well as enjoying the comfort of familiar ones.

Boston, MA