I ran out of green tea (gasp) and grabbed this at Whole Foods to hold me over. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. It was floral and nutty at the same time. I drank a whole testubin full :)

East Side Rob

Given that this is a Chinese pan-fired tea, I was surprised by how grassy or flowery this tea was. I’m a big ancient tree Yunnan fan, so it was really interesting to see what a Yunnan tea would taste like if it weren’t oxidized, which is essentially what Emerald Lily is — an unoxidized version of Yunnan. The long steep time was a bit of a surprise, too.

Marlena

I don’t wanna be a brat, but it is tetsubin, not testubin. The latter refers ro floating down rivers in test tubes, a dangerous sport

Comments

East Side Rob

Marlena

I’m a tea writer and consultant based in New Jersey. I’ve been blogging about tea for eight years. It’s been an incredible journey and through it I’ve met some of the most awesome people. Puerh and oolong are my weaknesses but I love everything tea (except herbals, bleck!).

Bayonne, NJ