drank Jasmine Tea by Fujian Tea

Three steepings at 175F for 3 minutes each. I have bought this before and just thrown it in hot water (how hot? I didn’t know) for about 2 to 8 minutes (without paying attention) and generally enjoyed it and the variable results. The first time I bought it was at the counter of a chinese restaurant. How inexpensive!

I appreciate it more after taking care with temperature and time over the last few days. Today I took the time to steep it three times and enjoy each cup. This is the first time I have tried re-steeping green tea leaves. Fun!

1st: Moderate jasmine and slightly bitter aroma, golden color. The flavors I get, in order, are bitter, jasmine, then green. Slightly astringent. There is a sweet aftertaste. The cup is more bitter at the bottom.

2nd: Jasmine aroma fainter, but still there. I get a green taste first, then a slightly bitter taste, then a faint jasmine taste. More enjoyable than the first cup. Less astringent. Sweet aftertaste is still there.

3rd: Jasmine aroma comparable with the 2nd steeping. The color is a redder gold. The green, jasmine, and bitter tastes are lighter and well balanced. Sweet, slightly bitter aftertaste. The bottom of the cup tastes much like the top.

I think I like the second steeping significantly more than the 1st or 3rd. I think the leaves “ran out of gas” for the 3rd, but the 3rd was still pleasant.

I think I will likely keep a tin of this in the cupboard.

I need coffee; I love tea.

I have been learning about tea since I was a teenager, but joining Steepster has accelerated my education.

I gave up soda (completely) this Spring and have re-discovered tea to fill the afternoon void.

I like strong, well balanced tastes. I ferment my own mead, cider, and sauerkraut.

I like green tea, oolong, black tea, flavored black tea, pu-erh, and some tisanes! Oh, and Mate, too!

Lately, I have been most enjoying nutty green teas and oolong teas.