drank Dragonwell by The Tea Spot

The dry leaves have a grassy and floral aroma.

The first time I tried this, I steeped at 165 degrees and was not impressed. Green tea.

With another batch of these green, almost whole leaves, I tasted two steeps at 175 degrees. What a difference! The first steep gave a brownish green cup with a fragrant “green tea” aroma. This first steep had three tastes: first a nutty flavor, then green and bitter in balance. There was a faintly (and pleasantly) bitter aftertaste with some moderate astringency at the end, enough to make my gums tingle. The cup was pleasantly smooth and went down fast. The second steep at 175 degrees gave a cup similar in color, with all of the flavors being lower in strength, and with the nutty flavor dominating.

This is my first dragonwell taste and I think I might be a dragonwell person.

I need coffee; I love tea.

I have been learning about tea since I was a teenager, but joining Steepster has accelerated my education.

I gave up soda (completely) this Spring and have re-discovered tea to fill the afternoon void.

I like strong, well balanced tastes. I ferment my own mead, cider, and sauerkraut.

I like green tea, oolong, black tea, flavored black tea, pu-erh, and some tisanes! Oh, and Mate, too!

Lately, I have been most enjoying nutty green teas and oolong teas.