drank Ten Wu by Ten Ren

My first oolong, and I have to say, it was quite delicious. I had this in the teabag format. The flavors were very soothing, extremely smooth, and the mouthfeel was not astringent at all. It’s a quiet, mild cup of tea, one that I could see myself drinking on a somewhat regular schedule. Was it anything to rave about and call the relatives about? No. But there were some complexities that I can’t even begin to describe (as a newbie tea-drinker), and it intrigued me. I’ll be having another cup of this soon!

Rena Sherwood

I had no idea decent oolong came in bags. Thanks for the heads up.

teaplz

I actually have no idea if this is halfway decent or not. I’ve never tasted an oolong, after all! It’s Ten Ren’s highest quality oolong in a bag, however!

Jillian

I’ve heard good things about Ten Ren and I think they get their tea directly from China (?) so at least you can say it’s authentic. :D

Comments

Rena Sherwood

I had no idea decent oolong came in bags. Thanks for the heads up.

teaplz

Jillian

22-year-old NYC girl just starting out on her tea adventures! I used to hate tea. If you asked me a few years ago what I thought of tea, I’d tell you it tasted like hot, dirty dishwater. Not anymore! I acquired a taste for tea when I started drinking peppermint tea for my upset stomach problems. From there I graduated to teas like chamomile and Lipton. But Lipton wasn’t strong enough!

I’m getting the hang of this loose leaf thing. Black’s my default, but I’ve found that I really love teas that fall into every category. I’m a purist – I always drink my tea neat. I prefer unflavored tea over flavored tea, and really dislike anything flavored with artificial-tasting substances. I’ve grown up a bit in my tea drinking, and I find that novelty appeals to me less and less.

I also am the happy girlfriend of the boy that created the tea randomizer, which can be found here: http://www.jaydeee.net/pickatea.php

New York City