drank Gunpowder by Adagio Teas

Grrrrr. I’m pretty mad right now, because when I opened my tin of this, even though I was fairly careful, I dropped about a teaspoon of the stuff all over my kitchen floor. So I just inadvertently lost a whole cup of tea. :( And this makes me sad! Although in the upcoming months I’m probably going to have so much tea that I won’t know what to do with it…

Anyway, it’s absolutely disgusting out, and a lot of the roads are closed, and I just wanted something nice and smokey. This hit the spot. I actually detected a lot more of the sweetness this time around – I think it’s because I was expecting it, and I have a little bit more experience with greens and whites now than I did when I first drank this. The interplay between the sweet and the smokey was simply amazing. And I still believe this one tastes just like Rome burning.

Cofftea

I feel your pain- even though I DO have much more than I know what to do w/, I cry every time I spill some lol.

Auggy

Aw, poor thing! Though I doubt you will get to the point that spilled tea won’t make you sad. I just had to rearrange my tea shelf in the pantry to fit all my teas (it’s now encroaching onto both the shelf beside it AND below it – and I still have my series 1 coming!) and when I was transferring stuff from bags into tins and spilled (twice!) I was still pouting.

takgoti

I spill stuff out of Adagio tins allllll the time. Spilling tea just so sad.

Comments

Cofftea

Auggy

takgoti

I spill stuff out of Adagio tins allllll the time. Spilling tea just so sad.

22-year-old NYC girl just starting out on her tea adventures! I used to hate tea. If you asked me a few years ago what I thought of tea, I’d tell you it tasted like hot, dirty dishwater. Not anymore! I acquired a taste for tea when I started drinking peppermint tea for my upset stomach problems. From there I graduated to teas like chamomile and Lipton. But Lipton wasn’t strong enough!

I’m getting the hang of this loose leaf thing. Black’s my default, but I’ve found that I really love teas that fall into every category. I’m a purist – I always drink my tea neat. I prefer unflavored tea over flavored tea, and really dislike anything flavored with artificial-tasting substances. I’ve grown up a bit in my tea drinking, and I find that novelty appeals to me less and less.

I also am the happy girlfriend of the boy that created the tea randomizer, which can be found here: http://www.jaydeee.net/pickatea.php

New York City