drank Peppermint by Celestial Seasonings

Guys, I think it’s officially happened.

That bagged tea tastes far inferior to loose leaf. I can’t believe it’s happened so fast… a complete takeover!

This peppermint does not smell particularly good. There’s a lot of nice mintiness to it, but it lacks the sweetness and pure, sweet oomph that loose leaf and even Harney & Son’s bagged variety have. It tastes… sort of stale. And even a bit murky. And somewhat bitter. And I think I can almost taste… the paper. NOOOOOO.

I’m sort of sad, because I have a lot of this and I used to really like it. But now I think I’m going to have to bump this puppy from a 75 rating down to 50. Sorry CS, you’re just not cutting it anymore!

Cofftea

YAY FOR LOOSE TAKE OVER!

LENA

welcome to the dark side.

Rex Barrett

Loose leaf is the only way to go… Well most of the time at least. ;)

takgoti

Somewhere, someone is evilly tapping their fingers together. And maybe, just maybe that someone is me.

Comments

Cofftea

YAY FOR LOOSE TAKE OVER!

LENA

welcome to the dark side.

Rex Barrett

Loose leaf is the only way to go… Well most of the time at least. ;)

takgoti

22-year-old NYC girl just starting out on her tea adventures! I used to hate tea. If you asked me a few years ago what I thought of tea, I’d tell you it tasted like hot, dirty dishwater. Not anymore! I acquired a taste for tea when I started drinking peppermint tea for my upset stomach problems. From there I graduated to teas like chamomile and Lipton. But Lipton wasn’t strong enough!

I’m getting the hang of this loose leaf thing. Black’s my default, but I’ve found that I really love teas that fall into every category. I’m a purist – I always drink my tea neat. I prefer unflavored tea over flavored tea, and really dislike anything flavored with artificial-tasting substances. I’ve grown up a bit in my tea drinking, and I find that novelty appeals to me less and less.

I also am the happy girlfriend of the boy that created the tea randomizer, which can be found here: http://www.jaydeee.net/pickatea.php

New York City