drank Green Tea Decaf by Bigelow

Okay, you know what? No. Just… no.

I was in the middle of watching The Sing-Off, and wanted a quick cup of decaf to go with my TV watching. So I dunked this one in and… BLECH.

There’s no way in hell this remotely tastes like green tea. In fact, it pretty much tastes like nothing. There’s almost a stale flavor to it, a “bagged” flavor, if you will. This one just reminds me of what I disliked about tea when I hated it just a few months ago. Dirty dishwater.

At points I do taste somewhat of a sweetness, but really, this just tastes like a weak black. I’m not really getting “green” in the flavor at all. So yeah, I won’t be having more of this in the near future. Sorry Bigelow, but I’ve moved on to way bigger and better things than this one-note debacle.

Jillian

One you go loose-leaf, you can never go back! ;)

Ricky

It’s like me and Tazo Joy! I cheated on it for loose leaf. It’s a sad day. I have to redo all my ratings eventually.

Suzi

We have this tea at work, and I drink it sometimes – but you’re right. It’s nasty.

Cofftea

I’ve had this at Applebee’s before. They give me lemon so I put that in and sometimes blend it w/ the other choice they give me. Peppermint is good. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s not your Japanese loose leaf… but it’s tea.

takgoti

Aw, sad panda.

Comments

Jillian

One you go loose-leaf, you can never go back! ;)

Ricky

Suzi

Cofftea

takgoti

Aw, sad panda.

22-year-old NYC girl just starting out on her tea adventures! I used to hate tea. If you asked me a few years ago what I thought of tea, I’d tell you it tasted like hot, dirty dishwater. Not anymore! I acquired a taste for tea when I started drinking peppermint tea for my upset stomach problems. From there I graduated to teas like chamomile and Lipton. But Lipton wasn’t strong enough!

I’m getting the hang of this loose leaf thing. Black’s my default, but I’ve found that I really love teas that fall into every category. I’m a purist – I always drink my tea neat. I prefer unflavored tea over flavored tea, and really dislike anything flavored with artificial-tasting substances. I’ve grown up a bit in my tea drinking, and I find that novelty appeals to me less and less.

I also am the happy girlfriend of the boy that created the tea randomizer, which can be found here: http://www.jaydeee.net/pickatea.php

New York City