This tea made me feel nauseous this morning, so I’m not quite sure how I should rate it.

Anyway, this one pretty much smells musky and very peachy when I opened the bag. Just juicy-like in general, with only the slightest hint of black tea smell. The leaves are very typically sized for a flavored tea. Not too long, not too short, I’m playing Goldilocks here, but you get the point.

I figured I’d drink this one because it’s decaf, and I’m having a rough time with the end of the sentence, a rough time really concentrating on anything, and I don’t really have an appetite at all. So I steeped this one up, and the cup actually smelled pretty peach-like still.

What I really liked about this one is that the flavors are pretty balanced, with the black tea sharing a bit of the spotlight with the peach. The peach here tastes like those peach gummy candies more than it actually tastes like an off-the-vine peach, but it’s still pretty tasty and sweet. But the black tea isn’t the super-greatest I’ve tasted, and the way it interacts with the tea…

I have no idea why, but this one started making me feel super-nauseous by the time I hit the bottom of the mug. I couldn’t stand the thought of even taking one more sip of it, and therefore, dumped the dregs in the sink. I sort of don’t even want to really think about it that much, which is probably why this review took forever to write.

I’m assuming it’s a good tea, and my feeling sucky made it taste bad, but I sort of don’t want to have this one for a very long time.

takgoti

I once got really drunk off of some raspberry twist vodka – to the point that I revisited it later that night. I couldn’t smell or eat raspberries for a good couple of years. I’ll still get queasy if I think about it too much.

But if something similar never happened to you [peach schnapps?], I’ve got nothing.

S

takgoti, I am the same, except for me it was coconut rum. :x

teaplz

See, I actually don’t have that food association + vomit problem that a lot of people have. Because if I did, I’d probably have absolutely nothing left to eat on the planet. Due to my migraines when I was little, I used to throw up very, very frequently – once to the point of dehydration which landed me in the hospital for three days at the age of 7. So I guess that’s the only perk of having lived through that…

But yeah, I think it was just the combination of super-fruity-sweet mixed with my complete lack of appetite that caused this to make my stomach turn pretty unhappily!

Comments

takgoti

S

takgoti, I am the same, except for me it was coconut rum. :x

teaplz

22-year-old NYC girl just starting out on her tea adventures! I used to hate tea. If you asked me a few years ago what I thought of tea, I’d tell you it tasted like hot, dirty dishwater. Not anymore! I acquired a taste for tea when I started drinking peppermint tea for my upset stomach problems. From there I graduated to teas like chamomile and Lipton. But Lipton wasn’t strong enough!

I’m getting the hang of this loose leaf thing. Black’s my default, but I’ve found that I really love teas that fall into every category. I’m a purist – I always drink my tea neat. I prefer unflavored tea over flavored tea, and really dislike anything flavored with artificial-tasting substances. I’ve grown up a bit in my tea drinking, and I find that novelty appeals to me less and less.

I also am the happy girlfriend of the boy that created the tea randomizer, which can be found here: http://www.jaydeee.net/pickatea.php

New York City