drank Ginger by Yogi Tea

YOW! This tea is SPICY. I also found that it’s a little tempramental in terms of steep time. Just a few seconds too long, and it’s almost impossible to drink. Normally, I love and trust Yogi teas, but man, this one has a bite to it. It’s not just the ginger- I know full well that ginger is spicy- I think it’s the black pepper that’s too much for me.

I drink it only for medicinal purposes, because it certainly does help settle my stomach some nights, but it can be a little tough to take. I do enjoy the warm feeling it leaves in my throat and stomach, but I usually end up waiting until it’s cool enough, and then gulping it down quickly to avoid tasting it too much. Definitely not my favorite ginger blend ever, but it hasn’t turned me off to Yogi or to other ginger teas, either.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea. I work in the Information Technology field.

Favorites: black, oolong, rooibos, and white teas, pu- erh, mate, and chamomile. Blends that are vanilla, chocolate, nutty, or dessert-like are especially appealing to me.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base and be heavy on the cinnamon and light on the nutmeg.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.