I drank this one again this morning, and this time I added the merest suggestion of pure cane sugar to it. That seemed to help bring out the ice cream notes a little more, and it complemented the pistachio nicely, too. As usual, the tea has a nice, creamy feeling to it without needing any milk or creamer of any kind.

The base of this one is a lot stronger than the other two samples from Butiki that I’ve tried. It still tastes wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed this cup, but I definitely have an easier time detecting the “tea” part of this brew.

Hello! I’m an American college student, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: Flavored black and green teas (anything with chocolate, nutty, or floral notes!), oolong, pu- erh, citrus, berry-flavored green or white blends, yerba mate, blooming teas, medicinal herbals (peppermint, chamomile, Tulsi, echinacea, etc.)

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.