I drank this one again this morning, and this time I added the merest suggestion of pure cane sugar to it. That seemed to help bring out the ice cream notes a little more, and it complemented the pistachio nicely, too. As usual, the tea has a nice, creamy feeling to it without needing any milk or creamer of any kind.

The base of this one is a lot stronger than the other two samples from Butiki that I’ve tried. It still tastes wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed this cup, but I definitely have an easier time detecting the “tea” part of this brew.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.