I drank this one again this morning, and this time I added the merest suggestion of pure cane sugar to it. That seemed to help bring out the ice cream notes a little more, and it complemented the pistachio nicely, too. As usual, the tea has a nice, creamy feeling to it without needing any milk or creamer of any kind.

The base of this one is a lot stronger than the other two samples from Butiki that I’ve tried. It still tastes wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed this cup, but I definitely have an easier time detecting the “tea” part of this brew.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea. I work in the Information Technology field.

Favorites: Black, oolong, and rooibos. Blends that are vanilla, chocolate, nutty, or dessert-like are especially appealing to me.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base and be heavy on the cinnamon and light on the nutmeg. Also iffy about herbal teas in general, although chamomile and I are usually on speaking terms.

Dislikes: White tea, unflavored green teas, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.