drank Blackberry Mojito by Teavana

Sipdown! I made a pot of this and refrigerated it because it’s starting to lose its freshness and so I need to use it up quickly.

I really don’t know why I didn’t do this earlier! You’re supposed to drink mojitos cold anyway, so no wonder this tasted better chilled. I also added sugar to it, which took some of the edge off of the bitter blackberry notes.

I may have overleafed the pot in my anxiety to use the tea up before it loses its flavor. As such, the first few sips were quite bitter and the blackberry almost knocked me over. But I kept drinking it, and it did mellow out (or perhaps my tastebuds just got used to it?) into a nice cold green tea with notes of mint and raspberry.

I always find that adding sugar to a blend with mint in it will bring that mint out, and I think in the case of this tea, the mint needs all the help it can get. Blackberry can be quite a dominating flavor, and this tea is a prime instance of that. Punching up the mint with sugar really helps balance that tartness.

Bottom Line: Drink it fresh, drink it cold, and for the love of God, put some sugar in it!

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.