drank Huang Shan Mao Feng by Dobra Tea

I steeped some of this tea in a glass jar with a bag of Celestial Seasoning’s Peppermint. It’s the only plain green tea I have, and I didn’t think peppermint would mix well with plain black tea.

I knew going into this endeavor that it was probably not going to work out too well, and I was mostly right- the Huang Shan Mao Feng is too light of a green tea, and I’ve had it for a long time, so it’s not fresh. Plus, the peppermint is a very dominating flavor. So mostly what I taste is the peppermint. Don’t get me wrong- it tastes good- Celestial Seasoning’s is my favorite peppermint blend. But this combo isn’t that great for what I originally wanted, which was a stronger green tea flavor.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.