I had this lovely moment of total peace this morning while I was waiting for my water to boil. Two of my housemates were making their breakfast in the kitchen with me, and we were all doing something different, but it felt so quiet and lovely and homey.

Anyway. I acquired 2 bags of this tea from my school’s cafeteria. I’ve had a few of Choice’s blends before and been quite pleased. This one smells like your average chai. It steeps a nice amber color.

Sipping… Good. I’m picking up ginger, more so than in any other chai I’ve tried. There is also something almost marine about it, too, although that may be my school’s heavily treated water poking through.

Hmmm. Just your basic chai, I’d say. Good for when you are in a rush on a cold day.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.