Got a sample of this in my latest Butiki order!

I was very diligent about taking the tea ball infuser out of the water early, because I know that Assam can become astringent very quickly.

I can smell an earthy, woodsy, nutty scent mingling with the caramel and vanilla.

Sipping… It’s very smooth, with just the right bite of bitter from the Assam base. This is the first caramel tea I’ve tried that actually tastes like caramel. I think the Assam base works really well with the caramel, and the vanilla rounds the whole thing out quite nicely.

This is delicious, Stacy! Thanks so much for the sample.

Flavors: Caramel, Earth, Nuts, Vanilla, Wood

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
TheTeaFairy

This is not your average assam base. I strongly recommend you try it on its own, you can’t mess it up basically, the astringency is close to none even if you oversteep :-)

teaqueen

I did kind of get that impression, especially after I re-steeped this sample! It was still perfect. This blend lends itself so wonderfully to re-steeps. I should know better than to distrust a Butiki blend. :) Every blend Stacy makes is pure gold.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

teaqueen

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea. I work in the Information Technology field.

Favorites: black, oolong, rooibos, and white teas, pu- erh, mate, and chamomile. Blends that are vanilla, chocolate, nutty, or dessert-like are especially appealing to me.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base and be heavy on the cinnamon and light on the nutmeg.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.