drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

Tried this one again, and got it right! I used the perfect amount of leaves and a cooler water temp, and tried a different method of infusing them. It worked! I could definitely taste the ginger and the buttery-tasting dragonwell, which both gracefully joined together to form a toffee note. I got just a hint of sweet strawberry, too.

During the second steep, the strawberry took even more of a backseat- I could mostly taste ginger and the a vegetal, almost marine quality of the tea that I didn’t pick up on during the first steep. It was nice, because having the second cup kind of stretched the range of notes and flavors that this tea has.

Divine!

JustJames

i get a meringue type quality to this blend as well. i love this one.

teaqueen

It’s easily one of my favorites from Butiki! It seems simple at first, but it’s really a different story every time.

Comments

JustJames

i get a meringue type quality to this blend as well. i love this one.

teaqueen

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.