drank Huang Shan Mao Feng by Dobra Tea

Have 3 oz of this and need to use it up because it is very very old! I made a pot of it yesterday and chilled it overnight.

Upon first sip, it almost tastes like pickle brine! Uh-oh. There is also something soapy about it that I really don’t remember while drinking it hot. I thought maybe it was the container I was storing it in, so I tried a sip from a different container, and nope! Still soapy.

The aftertaste is yummy- floral and light.

This makes me sad. I know that this is high-quality tea, but I can’t seem to get this right.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.