Needed something sturdy and dependable to complement my kale, edamame, and tomato salad today. This was the Chosen One.

It’s a nice, lightly fragrant black tea. Even though it is in sachets, I can still tell that it is good quality stuff. No particular depth or complexity here, but it does go well with a lot of foods. It’s a nice, comforting blend.

Plus, it has the added benefit of appealing to my history nerd side. I mean really, what’s not to like here?

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.