drank Organic Ceylon by Butiki Teas

Steeped this twice today for two very different cups of tea. I put organic honey in my first one, hoping to tap into honey’s natural antimicrobial properties to chase away the impending sore throat that I keep waking up with. That cup was pretty standard- the sweetness of the honey complemented the nuttiness of the Ceylon.

Then I picked up some organic raw blue agave nectar at the store and decided that Ceylon is the perfect tea to try a new sweetener out on, because it’s such a basic blend. So I steeped up another mug and added a spoonful of the agave, and here we go!

The difference is pretty profound. The agave gives it an almost bready taste, and the nuttiness is more pronounced. I don’t dislike it, but it’s definitely an adjustment from pure cane sugar or honey!

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.