Ash Wednesday equals fast day for teaqueen. My friend who spent some time in South America once told me that maté helps with hunger, so naturally I reached for this this morning.

Nice and smoky and slightly vegetal. Woke me up and distracted me from thinking about food.

Yerba Maté for the win!

TheTeaFairy

Teaqueen, have you been fasting for a long time? I’ve been doing that for a couple of years now, one day every week also. I had heard it had many health benefits to do it just once a week and decided to try it. I saw a difference within a few weeks, I always feel so good and energized the next day. I have only water though, no tea :-(

teaqueen

Yes! I’ve fasted every Ash Wednesday and Good Friday since I was fifteen, but this year I’ve decided to fast once a week during Lent and see what happens. I feel great today- energized and happy, so I agree- I think it’s a good thing to do. :)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

teaqueen

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.