drank Gingerberry by GT's Kombucha

I was craving kombucha today. I think I really just needed something cold, relaxing, and healthy in my life. I love my current job, but it does require a LOT of standing. And the weather has been driving me mad lately. Dry heat, I can handle. Suffocating humidity for days on end, not so much…

But anyway, to the tea. This is my favorite flavor of kombucha that I’ve had so far. I think the tart-sweet blueberry juice and the sharp ginger mix well together, and the acidity of the kombucha itself makes for a very lively and fizzy drink.

The experience of drinking kombucha does take some getting used to, but once you know what to expect, it kind of grows on you (ha). It also has the added benefit of making me sleepy and relaxed. I think it’s the trace amounts of alcohol that the fermentation process leaves behind. Fine by me. It’s good for a healthy treat every now and then.

Hello! I’m a recent college graduate, trying to find my way in the world. I love literature, politics, and tea.

Favorites: black, oolong, and white teas (anything with chocolate, vanilla, nutty, or spice notes!); pu- erh, yerba mate, chamomile, tulsi.

I have a love-hate relationship with kombucha, and I’m very picky about my chai- It has to have a high-quality black tea base for me to really enjoy it.

Dislikes: Plain green teas, rooibos, honeybush, fruity herbals, hibiscus in high quantities, plain peppermint. (Although I am not opposed to trying blends that cross into these neighborhoods if they come from reputable companies.)

I’m not a swapper, but I hope we can still be friends :)

90-100: Perfection and heaven and magic, all in one cup.

70-89: Good.