Black Currant Bai Mu Dan

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

It’s white tea week at 52teas. I accidentally ordered a bit too much white tea, so here we are with a couple of extra blends this week.

Sometimes I think white tea is not as much fun as the others. It’s such a delicate and subtle flavor to begin with that it doesn’t lend itself to things like chocolate peanut butter cup. What DOES pair well with it are nice sweet fruits, like black currant.

Chelsea, my faithful sidekick insists that our black currant papaya green tea is great for taking baths in. She says it makes her smell good and it leaves her skin feeling softer. Clearly, I’m not one to take a bath in our teas, but I have to admit that it’s pretty sexy to think of Chelsea taking a bath in them. (Sorry Sheri).

Anyway, (and before I get myself in too much trouble) whether you drink it or bathe in it, I think you are going to find this tea amazing. We actually doubled up on the amount of real black currants in this blend and it is delicious.

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

A sample from Rachel’s sale a while ago – sheesh should I be trying these faster! This is exactly the tea I wanted at that moment and exactly how I wished it would taste. I’m not even sure how I knew what black currants tasted like but this is it. The blend has plenty of flavor – fruity, sweet yet tart… a bit like cranberry but not really. All on a nice white tea. Bai Mu Dan is my favorite white tea I think. There is plenty tea left in this sample and I’m surprised it still tastes so nice.

One thing is for certain, fruity white teas are my jam! This one is no exception. I have had a few currant-flavored things in my day and it is distinctly unique. This tea has it, and it is mild and juicy without being sour. Just plain flavor. Win.