Neapolitan Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Another foray into honeybush courtesy of *Mercuryhime*! Steeped, this smells a bit like that characteristic 52teas smell. With maybe a hint of cream and/or strawberry. Oh wow though, the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2526 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Amanda* and *tattooed_tea* for the samples. I combined what I had left of my samples for a cold brew. This is really good cold brewed as well. I am getting chocolate most of all,...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “We just had a very bizarre power outage - I came home to no electricity! - but thankfully everything is now fixed thanks to some long hours from the power company - at 8 pm we shouted "Let there be...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “I drank this last night. A friend and I have started reading the horrible published fanfiction that is 50 Shades of Grey and just laughing ourselves silly over how horrible it is. Oh man. I think I...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes

From 52teas

It’s starting to warm up, so I hope you will forgive me if I got sidetracked thinking about ice cream, but wow, is this GOOD!

Our caffeine-free African Honeybush (If you are still not familiar with honeybush, it is very similar to Rooibos, but a bit sweeter and without the woody aftertaste that rooibos frequently has) blended with organic vanilla beans, organic cacao nibs, freeze-dried strawberry pieces and all natural flavors. This is a real treat hot or iced!

About 52teas View company

My packet arrived today—so quickly too! Yay!!! :)

Even though I have countless teas to try, I just had to rip this open as soon as possible. I needed my honeybush fix! :P

I’m sipping this piping hot. I’m getting the sweet honeybush flavor very strongly. Then there’s the definite ice cream vibe—I’m not sure how I’m getting that since the liquid is hot, but somehow I perceive “ice cream”. Must be the vanilla with its sense of creaminess. The chocolate is bittersweet. The strawberry has cherry notes.

The scent screams Neopolitan Ice Cream! The classic boxed variety (just like in the picture). Makes me want to run out and buy a box right now. ;)

I like this very much and will reach for it often. As usual, 52teas doesn’t disappoint!

Boiling 8 min or more
Ricky

Honeybush done well! Not my favorite honeybush, but it’s pretty darn good.

__Morgana__

Lately whenever I see the word honeybush I start thinking: “honeybush, won’t you be my baby now, honeybush be my own.” Ugh.

My second go at this tea. When I first drank this it had been my very first honeybush. I am now a few teas older and I’m enjoying this more, probably because I know what to expect. In my original tasting note I said this tea could be one that grows on me and I was right. I made it nice and sweet, steeped it twice and it turned out to be a great choice for my last tea of the evening.

I can’t believe I like this one, but I do. It is bizarre. It tastes like Neapolitan ice cream.

When I opened the bag and smelled it, I was really worried. It smelled weird, maybe even a little cough syrupy. But once brewed, more of the strawberry flavors came out. It definitely tastes like that mix of all three flavors of ice cream in the bottom of the bowl.

I sweetened it with a touch of agave nectar.

JacquelineM

I ordered some of this – can’t wait to try it!!!!

Kristin

I think you’ll like it.

SoccerMom

Hmmm now I’m thinking I need this!

Sample sipdown from kittenna

This is one i can get behind! Delicious creamy chocolate, vanilla and even a hint of strawberry…which is fine with me since that’s the one ice cream i would never eat lol I always left the strawberry for dad to have to eat. I think this one a bunch. might even contemplate a bag for myself someday when i get around to picking up more teas from frank!

Finally decided to get a pouch of this with my latest 52 Teas order… in the bag it smells delicious.

This is a fairly nice tisane, although I wouldn’t say it really tastes like ice cream. I am picking up definite notes of strawberry and vanilla, the chocolate is a little more subdued. This also has a slightly “sour” flavor from the honeybush. It’s okay but I don’t love it.

LiberTEAS

@Amy oh: try brewing it at 195F for 10 minutes or longer. :)

TeaBrat

will do

Kittenna

I am so getting that sour note with this blend too :/ Maybe I’ll try the cooler temp and see if that helps…

I want a dessert tea and a dessert tea I shall have! I’ve been drinking oolongs all day so it’s time to switch gears. I may have too much caffeine coursing through my body to sleep currently, but I’m going to try to settle down with this lovely honeybush.

Neapolitan Honeybush tastes like warm melted ice cream. That may sound gross, but let me assure you it’s darn pretty fantastic. At first sip, I taste creamy vanilla which develops into a rich chocolate flavor, and then it finishes with the wonderful taste of fresh strawberries. Amazing! I suspect that this beauty may be even better iced.

Yum! Dessert craving satisfied.

Kashyap

if your looking for a fantastic dessert tea, you might want to consider ordering a bit of Naivetea’s lychee infused oolong (I know you just mentioned being on an oolong kick but this one is worth it), its an amazing balance of tea and fruit and the fruit builds as you sip it making it a dessert in itself

QuiltGuppy

Ooh… that sounds amazing!!

Jenn

Sold! I’m on it…

Kashyap

everyone i sampled it to was breathless and wow’d….I also had the same responses to the white peach, grape, and I have a review of the osmanthus on here as well…the owner is extremely nice and the company is all about quality

Jenn

If I’m being honest, the white peach, grape may be a better fit for me. Lychee can be a tricky flavor that I sometimes don’t enjoy.

TeaBrat

This one sounds so good!

Have not had this tea for way too long. This is my go to tea when I am wanting ice cream and not willing to just go ahead and have ice cream. Tea seemed like a better choice today…yea for me..making a good nutritional decision, really this is a no brainer cuz this is really good tea:)

Today has turned out to be a 52Teas honeybush blend day. It just turned out that I had a few one or two cup samples of their honeybush blends and since I splurged excessively this Black Friday I need to clear a lot of space in my cupboard. Samples are one easy way to shift a few things, realistically I need to keep drinking as much as I can.

Which brings me to an idea I was thinking of for my friends and followers only, since I have so much tea I would like to gift away three packages of random samples to people. All you have to do is message me via this post to claim one package and I will sort things out. It’s first come first serve and I’m happy to ship internationally.

………………………………………………………………….

Back on topic of the tea. Once steeped it has a creamy cocoa scent with a soft hint of strawberry. Enough to actually smell like Neapolitan though.

Flavour matches the scent nicely, it’s like creamy cocoa with something sweet and fruity (in this case strawberry) lurking around the after taste. For such a long steep it’s only medium strength and has no honeybush characteristics ie no sour tang or medicinal taste.

It’s nice but I have a feeling if I want the flavours pop just that little bit more it needs some sugar.

Holy Moly that is much better. It’s twice as creamy and the strawberry stands out more now it’s sweeter, but at the same time the cocoa is still very much present. It’s very Neapolitan, I can see why this is such a big hit. I think this is one of my new favourite 52Teas honeybush blends. Certainly the best I have tried today. :) If I get more I will try it iced.

Boiling 8 min or more
MissB

Oh, I love samples – and I should be careful considering how ridiculously huge my cupboard is right now. But no, let’s do it! I’m game, just as long as we can stay away from strawberries due to my allergies. If however someone in need really wants a sampler pack, I will gladly defer to them.

KittyLovesTea

You are welcome to a mystery sample pack MissB. If I get a large volume of people asking for them then I will do more. I can certainly make your pack strawberry free for you. Please send me your address in a private message and I will get your pack out next week. :)

mpierce87

I would love a sample pack if the offer is still good! I’ll PM my address just in case.

Itachi

I would love a sample pack too! Will PM?

Another sample from Rachel’s sale! This should have the flavors of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla here. I see some strawberry pieces and some cocoa nibs in the mix. Brewed for a couple minutes I get a chocolate flavor and a HINT of strawberry. I figured any vanilla would be hiding anyway. Not really an ice cream flavor per say. Mostly I get a honeybush flavor that is a bit scratchy on the back of my throat. I’m wondering if this has aged at all since it is a couple years old? Even if it has been sealed for that long? I always wonder if I’m giving tea a fair rating.

Love this tea! Honeybush is one of the only teas that I like flavored now. This tea delivers, when you open the bag you get the strawberry and chocolate right off the bat. I almost never add cream or sugar, but I added a little and it was like drinking ice cream. Satisfies the sweet tooth. :)

momo

My mom decided to order me this, but I won’t get it till next week. Your note makes me want to have it now!

BTVSGal

yeah I’ve gone through half of the bag already. I might need to order the 4oz next time.