Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mpierce87

From 52teas

Our caffeine-free African Honeybush (I know this is two Honeybush blends in a row, but I couldn’t resist), blended with dried pineapple and just a touch of freeze dried cherries and natural flavors. We’ve included the natural essences of cake, pineapple, brown sugar and even a hint of maraschino cherry to top it all off.

About 52teas View company

I love how this tastes. The flavors blend very well together and it is balanced very well. Yummy!

So, I don’t know whose tealog I read that said Frank’s teas were better with a shorter steeping time, and I’ll admit to being too lazy to go searching for it. Normally I brew honeybush blends for 10 minutes, so that’s what I’d been brewing this one for, and loving it at that steep time. Surely it couldn’t get any better with less?

Folks, whoever said that, was right. Right, I tell you!! Because I brewed this in my One-Touch for 5, poured a little sip (in case I needed to brew it for 5 more), and immediately said “Cake!!!” The cherry seems more pronounced as well. Sometime I’ll do a side-by-side comparison of the two, but for now…nom, nom, nom.

I’m trying this again today and I’m trying really hard to have an open mind… and the imagination of a child. It’s not working. This tea isn’t doing it for me. I taste rooibos followed by a candy cherry aftertaste. Maybe, if I think about it hard enough, there is some cake flavor. Maybe. I am not getting any pineapple. I probably won’t be finishing this bag. Very disappointed in this one.

Update – and I am getting the Pez candy flavor as it cools.

Erin

It’s always so interesting to read someone’s tealog when it was the exact opposite of mine! I personally liked this a lot; it was one of the few rooibos teas in which I couldn’t taste the rooibos. I wish humans had the ability to swap taste buds with eachother!

Kristin

I know. I think you liked the Cinnamon Raisin Toast one too, right? I also hated that one. But I loved their Black Current Bai Mu Dan and the Neapolitan Honeybush.

After my previous super tart tea I decided to try this tea that I have been wanting to try for a while now and thanks to the ever so nice Rabs I am able to do so! I sipped this tea right after it was done being steeped and with it being so hot I could only detect a bit of cherry and honeybush. Now that it was cooled off a bit to where I can sip it without being overly cautious I can taste the pineapple, the sweet cherry, and the honeybush…which BTW I think honeybush was an awesome pick for this blend as it gives the tea that “cake” taste…very impressed! This is a fun tea and a very well done bled :-)

Ah, I knew I could count on 52teas to get me all excited about tea again after tasting several duds. I think that any tea with the “natural essence of cake” as an ingredient is an instant winner, don’t you agree? Pineapple cake on the nose, with the cherry flavour coming through and lingering delightfully after each mouthful. Ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb!

Stephanie

“Natural essence of cake”—yes! That’s why I bought this!

Thanks to Mrawlins2 for sharing this tea with me.
The smell in the bag was of pineapple, the taste in my mug is almost cake like with a cherry at the end of the sip.
This one is a keeper. I do like honeybush! I do:)

This is a pretty weird one- sniffing the dry tea in packet I’d have not known how to identify it if it weren’t for the label. I admired the pineapple pieces in the mix, although I’m not sure why- I hate pineapple, supposedly. When I brewed this, my first impression was that it reminded me of the raisin toast 52teas blend, which isn’t a bad thing. The cherry tones in this just really resembled the raisins in the other. The second brew definitely had a bit of a kind of pineapplely fruitiness to it, unless it was just wishful thinking on my part. I do like this tea, but I’d never on my own identify what it was supposed to be. I wish the cherry came out more.

Kristin

It’s funny that you say it’s like the raisin toast. I think they both taste like Pez!

Lisbet

Ha, whatever the taste is in there (I can totally see pez), they do taste really similar!