Strawberry Zabaglione

Cream, Strawberry, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “So I'm finally giving this one a rating. I tried this at work today, and used water that wasn't quite boiling. That seems to have helped, though it's still not as exciting as i hoped it would be....” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4868 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure exactly how this little bit of Strawberry Zabaglione found its way back into my stash... I was sure that I had sent the last little bit out somewhere. But, I'm glad I found it,...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Reverting to old favorites - comforting. Mmmmmm Added a dash of sweet cream creamer just because I wanted to cool it down a bit - I need tea NOW! Sooo sleepy and this is a dreamy tasting tea....” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “*Many thanks to Emilie for this generous sample!* First of all, I have no idea what zabaglione is supposed to taste like, but if it tasted like this tea, it would be delicious. The...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 806 tasting notes

From 52teas

This was a suggestion from one of our customers, and I spent an hour digging through my email folders and searching our facebook page, but I couldn’t find the original suggestion anywhere, so I couldn’t put his or her name on the blend.

Anyway, when I first got the suggestion, I realized I was going to have to MAKE some Zabaglione to try, because not only had I not tried it before, but I had never HEARD of it before. Well after trying it (for those of you who never have, I would say it is something like a custardy (flavor, not texture) whipped cream with a hint of wine. After trying it, I was not at all sure that we would be able to make a tea that hinted of the complexity of Zabaglione, but after some trial and error, we now have…

Our Tea of the Week for the week of May 31, 2010

About 52teas View company

So far I think this is really tasty. I’ve had 2 pours and like others before me I can say this is nice and strawberry flavored with creamy vanilla. No bitterness. It is best to add some sweetening and cream to make a good round rich desert. I’m not overwhelmingly blown away. I tried to enhance with some ground pink peppercorns but didn’t add enough. Will try again and get back with the results. I just think it needs some pop or punch. I like flavor that goes into more than 2 levels and this tea seems to stop at 2.

Pass the Stash

Yum, so far, this is my favorite tea from 52teas.. it is simply delicious! This tea is an explosion of strawberries and creamy goodness. The strawberry tastes fresh while the creaminess almost has a carmelly burnt flavor to it. I could see this being a perfect cup for breakfast. Mmm…just make sure not to oversteep this and it is so good. Highly recommend.

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML
Marzipan

You are all over those 52Teas ones!

albertocanfly

I couldn’t help it! They sounded so delicious! :D Only one left in the box to try, yet… and yes, it is next:P tehehe.
I might just work my way down the list as there are so many delicious sounding teas in here:P

Marzipan

Might as well!

As the weather is considering a change to the warmer, I’ve been trying my hand at iced teas. Mostly cold brewed, and Hubby is enjoying most of the experiments right now since the weather is still not quite iced tea season for me… although I have tried a few. MissB was so gracious to share an iced tea blend of this and several others for me to experiment with. :)

Being my first iced tea blend from Southern Boy Teas (52teas), I thought I do the unmentionable and cut the bag in half and do a partial batch… Just in case I had a fail. Wanted to be sure I had a chance at redemption.

I first hot steeped the half bag to make a qt of tea, pouring that directly into a Mason jar full of ice when the steep was over. I then removed the bag, and the leaves that had escaped, into another Mason jar and cold steeped that overnight. The hot steeped version was almost bitter and although it smelled of strawberry, it was richer in the black base flavor than anything. I saved the hot steeped tea until the next day and combined the two into a 2qt pitcher … Eeks, is that allowed?!?! I’m thinking next time I may try to cold steep first and then hot steep later as MissB suggested, but I was so excited I forgot to double check which to do first if I wanted to try a double steep.

We enjoyed the tea with our dinner and it was a nice refreshing tea. It smelled much like a strawberry milkshake, but tasted better… Richer. A touch of sugar brought out the strawberry and made this a nice treat. My 8 yr old son tried it and said it was good, but not a favorite… I’m thinking when we try Monkey Fart he will go bananas over that one.. ;)

I’m not used to flavored iced teas in the summer… having grown up on Lipton w/loads of fresh mint, Gonna take a little getting used to added flavors in cold blends, but I think I’m going to really enjoy the variety. Hubby is really enjoying trying new things already and always comes home saying how much he liked whatever I had ready for him that day to take to work.. I’ve sent several and he’s only come home with one that was just ok. :) So much better than grabbing a soda… In so many ways! Love it!

Flavors: Berries, Cream

Oh gawd… I get why this is rated so well. There’s a natural sweetness to it and the strawberry custard flavor is delicious! Sadly it looks like 52Teas only has the green tea version in stock. I can easily imagine drinking this everyday or at least several times a week. Thank you Janelle for sending me a sample of this!

1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML
EvaGrimm

/rubshandstogether added to the shopping cart!

I am multi-tasking, at this moment in time I am writing my Teanamu Chaya Teahouse review, singing my heart out to Jack Off Jill (Clear Hearts Grey Flowers album), looking at the best Skyrim dlc as voted by Bethesda themselves and now sampling and writing my review. Thanks to this mornings Ruby Pie – Butiki I have a thirst for strawberry and I have an ounce of this to try so there really is no better time than now.

This tea smells sweetly strawberry but also with a thick black tea behind it which dominates, and really that is what it tastes like too. It’s sweet at first sip before going a little sour and smoothing itself out with a strawberry after taste. Again a little sugar or sweetener would work well with this in bringing the strawberry forward a bit more.

It is nice though, tastier than I thought it would be in honesty. Well balanced and good for strawberry tea cravings.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

This is excellent as an iced tea. It tastes strawberries and cream with a slight fruit-like/wine-like tartness. The aftertaste is also strawberry and cream with a slight off-taste that I haven’t even noticed prior times I’ve prepared this tea. When I make a pitcher of this tea it always goes fast. It’s delicious, but my favorite is still the Blueberry version.