Fruit Cocktail Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

My grandparents were part of that “Greatest Generation” of Americans. My grandfather served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II. After the war, he became an auto mechanic and opened his own garage. My grandmother was a registered nurse. In my recollection of her, I always thought she came from something of a well-to-do family, or she had aspirations to be a well-to-do family. (I can’t help but think about Hyacinth Bucket in the BBC comedy Keeping Up Appearances; my grandmother wasn’t that bad, but there was an element of Hyacinth in her).

Anyway, whenever the family got together at grandma’s house, she had these extravagant meals planned that frequently started with fruit cocktail. I can’t say why this fact has stuck in my memory more than others, but I remember the Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve dinners with fruit cocktails all around to start. I remember thinking it was like getting dessert before dinner.

So, in memory of my grandparents, here’s our delicious Chinese sencha blended with real peach, pear, pineapple and natural peach, pear, pineapple and maraschino cherry flavors. It’s so delicious, you could serve it as a first course.

About 52teas View company

Tasting Notes

There aren't any tasting notes for this tea yet.