Root Beer Float

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

• “The aroma is RIGHT ON! The taste is surprisingly good! I can certainly see the Root Beer Resemblance! Somewhat soda like but creamy like ice cream and Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I gave this cup a longer steeping, but interestingly enough I’m noticing that if I steep the tea longer the flavour of the honeybush base becomes more prominent and sort of overtakes the...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1767 tasting notes
  • “I got this with my order a couple of weeks ago, but this is my first time trying this particular tea from that order. I have tried the root beer float from NecessiTeas and that one was pretty...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4833 tasting notes
  • “I got my amazing envelope of goodies from TeaEqualsBliss and this was included. I’d never even heard of it before! Honestly, I’m not a big fan of root beer flavored...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From 52teas

Why not share a guilt-free root beer float with someone special in your life? Sweet red honeybush, natural root beer and vanilla flavors with some jasmine and lavender blooms to make it pretty.

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

I was so excited to get this from Kallieboo! I just purchased my first few 52tea blends and I’ve been extremely impressed. This is no exception. The flavors are spot on, it tastes exactly like a creamy root beer with hints of vanilla. Yum.

I am not sure how I feel about this one quite yet.
But I realize that the tea-Gods have a challenge here since I am an American transplant who hunts out the rootbeer supply whenever I find myself in a new area. Its like looking for water in the sassparilla desert. I know, I have a problem.

In this infinite search, coupled with my tea-addiction, this was right up my alley. Tho I admit I am not quite sure how I feel about honeybush (if the word roobis is on it, it hates me). So far, honeybush has been ok with me and me with it.

But back to this tea. I didn’t take milk as an option, rather a requirement (surely you need creaminess for the float feel). And its creamy and yummy and delicious. I am so almost there yet can’t really get the rootbeer vibe. Rather I get the ‘black and tan gelding’ flavor (which according to the recipe book that came with the ‘Lets go to the Races’ someone got dad for xmas when I was 10 is a combo of coke + milk…that yes I do like and drink :P)

But let’s just pause it there. Its good. But I think I need another tasting. BBIAB

EDIT: Ok. About three cups of Rootbeer float cups later, and I have to admit its still a ‘fail’ for me on the taste of float-iness. Now don’t get me wrong, because its not a total fail. Like I mentioned before, as a hardcore milk/coke drinker, well this reminds me of a hot version of this. Its creamy, like a melted coke float. (which is what the cold combo reminds me of as well). There are moments where I ‘almost’ can smell a bit of sasparilla/rootbeer-esque-ness, but it doesn’t hold on second sniff and I have managed to tease it out on taste.

Still this tea is yum. I assure you its not bound for the top shelf of forgotten tea, but it means I still am on the ever continuing hunt for rootbeer happiness. :)

This is actually pretty tasty. Tastes just like a creamy root beer float but my brain can’t wrap itself around the fact that the tea is hot. I did try this as an iced tea and it seems like it got lost in translation.

I had this tea this morning. I will refrain from rating it though. I believe the delight that this tea used to bring with it’s yummy, creamy root beer taste has vanished due to it’s age. It’s a bit sad actually. I wish I had finished it when the flavour was more vibrant and pleasing. I have about one cup left which I will cold brew tonight to see if I can coax some of it’s former spirit back into the leaf.
This makes me fear for my Butiki and RiverTeas. I have been very carefully hoarding what I have left as they are some of my favorites and I cannot acquire any more. I will have to monitor their remaining strength of aroma & flavour so as to not subject them to this fate. Sigh. I wish I didn’t have such worries and I could just order more. :(
Oh well, I am VERY glad to have any at this point. It makes me a lucky lady. :)

Edit: I had this cold brewed and I am happy to say that slightly more flavour came out this way.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Everything Bukiti (that I have) has aged very well. I’m hoping it’s all good! :)

Me too Miss B (so far)…and hopefully for a great long while more! ;)

This tea will be reblended soon – one of my VIP contributors to the campaign chose this as their reblend. :)

Oh yay, thanks Anne! I’ll be on the lookout for it! :)

I am amazed, but this smells exactly like root beer if root beer were hot. I don’t think I would necessarily make this cold unless I sweetened it, because the lack of fizzy and sweet upon sniffing something so similar might confuse and shock my poor brain. The flavor isn’t quite as spot on as the scent, but very very close. This one is a must sniff, if not a must sip.

Yes, it does taste like root beer. Not sure why I would want to drink tea that tastes like root beer, but the grandkids liked it.

This is another wonderful sample from KallieBoo! Thank you!

This was another hit today! I think I might have figured out the trick to 52 Teas black teas. Lower water temp and shorter steep time. I didn’t get much of the float of the rootbeer float of this tea, but I did get a nice balance between the black tea and the roorbeer. I will really enjoy the rest of this sample. Thank you for sharing this KallieBoo!.