Root Beer Float

Herbal Honeybush Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “The aroma is RIGHT ON! The taste is surprisingly good! I can certainly see the Root Beer Resemblance! Somewhat soda like but creamy like ice cream and ROOT BEER...sure! Darn good! Thanks for...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I gave this cup a longer steeping, but interestingly enough I'm noticing that if I steep the tea longer the flavour of the honeybush base becomes more prominent and sort of overtakes the "rootbeer...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1587 tasting notes
  • “I got this with my order a couple of weeks ago, but this is my first time trying this particular tea from that order. I have tried the root beer float from NecessiTeas and that one was pretty...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “I got my amazing envelope of goodies from *TeaEqualsBliss* and this was included. I'd never even heard of it before! Honestly, I'm not a big fan of root beer flavored things, but the bf likes them...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From 52teas

Why not share a guilt-free root beer float with someone special in your life? Sweet red honeybush, natural root beer and vanilla flavors with some jasmine and lavender blooms to make it pretty.

About 52teas View company

I was so excited to get this from Kallieboo! I just purchased my first few 52tea blends and I’ve been extremely impressed. This is no exception. The flavors are spot on, it tastes exactly like a creamy root beer with hints of vanilla. Yum.

I am not sure how I feel about this one quite yet.
But I realize that the tea-Gods have a challenge here since I am an American transplant who hunts out the rootbeer supply whenever I find myself in a new area. Its like looking for water in the sassparilla desert. I know, I have a problem.

In this infinite search, coupled with my tea-addiction, this was right up my alley. Tho I admit I am not quite sure how I feel about honeybush (if the word roobis is on it, it hates me). So far, honeybush has been ok with me and me with it.

But back to this tea. I didn’t take milk as an option, rather a requirement (surely you need creaminess for the float feel). And its creamy and yummy and delicious. I am so almost there yet can’t really get the rootbeer vibe. Rather I get the ‘black and tan gelding’ flavor (which according to the recipe book that came with the ‘Lets go to the Races’ someone got dad for xmas when I was 10 is a combo of coke + milk…that yes I do like and drink :P)

But let’s just pause it there. Its good. But I think I need another tasting. BBIAB

EDIT: Ok. About three cups of Rootbeer float cups later, and I have to admit its still a ‘fail’ for me on the taste of float-iness. Now don’t get me wrong, because its not a total fail. Like I mentioned before, as a hardcore milk/coke drinker, well this reminds me of a hot version of this. Its creamy, like a melted coke float. (which is what the cold combo reminds me of as well). There are moments where I ‘almost’ can smell a bit of sasparilla/rootbeer-esque-ness, but it doesn’t hold on second sniff and I have managed to tease it out on taste.

Still this tea is yum. I assure you its not bound for the top shelf of forgotten tea, but it means I still am on the ever continuing hunt for rootbeer happiness. :)

Yes, it does taste like root beer. Not sure why I would want to drink tea that tastes like root beer, but the grandkids liked it.

This is another wonderful sample from KallieBoo! Thank you!

This was another hit today! I think I might have figured out the trick to 52 Teas black teas. Lower water temp and shorter steep time. I didn’t get much of the float of the rootbeer float of this tea, but I did get a nice balance between the black tea and the roorbeer. I will really enjoy the rest of this sample. Thank you for sharing this KallieBoo!.