Chocolate Malt

Honeybush Tea
Chocolate, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Split a package of this one with *Sil*, as I had previously had a sample from *momo* which I absolutely loved (I still have the other half of the sample left; I saved it so I could try it side by...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2605 tasting notes
  • “The house has been eating all my time lately, so I’ve missed a couple of tealogs again :( The tea: I’m on my third pouch of this (clearly I'm a big fan), and this is apparently my first log! I...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “This is the last of my sample that LiberTEAs sent over and I am VERY sad to see it go. I am CERTAINLY going to buy some of this within the next month or so. I'm drinking this prior to attending a...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Someone just ordered this in the shop as a 16oz iced tea with a tablespoon of sugar, took one sip and exclaimed, "MY GOD! This tastes JUST like a chocolate shake!" Had to pass that on. =)” Read full tasting note
    52teas 46 tasting notes

From 52teas

Continuing with the theme of beverages best shared, here’s our take on the classic chocolate malt honeybush-style. Sweet red honeybush, organic cacao nibs, milk chocolate chips and natural flavors. YUMMMMM!

About 52teas View company

This one is pretty good, and definitley unique. Tastes like chocolate malt and honeybush together. I can also smell the chocolate, and the honeybush just makes a sweet and happy base. I sweetened mine and added a small amount of milk. This makes an great evening treat.

The smell of the dry leaves was a little weird. But as it is sitting here brewing, let me tell you, it is starting to smell good.
It has been a few more minutes….such a good chocolaty smell. It is like I am baking something chocolaty on my coffee table (er, tea table).
Took a sip and it is a little sweet and has a subtle chocolate malt flavor. I think with some training, I could drink this as is (I am working on not adding so much sweetener to my teas).
I added a splash of Coldstone Sweet Cream creamer (which tastes like melted coldstone ice cream on its own). It actually did not make it better. It kinda killed the deliciousness of the tea. Tomorrow I will try it with a little sugar and milk.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

One whiff will knock off your bobby socks! This is so chocolately smooth and soothing. And if you drink it hot, you might just throw out your Swiss Miss!

This is quickly becoming my favorite evening tea. I’ve started to crave this almost every day lately. It’s sweet and dessert-like, but without the caffeine – so perfect for the evenings. The smell is chocolate, and that distinctively sweet honeybush smell. I add a touch of milk and it’s my perfect wind-down tea. Sadly, at this rate, the pouch seems so small. I’m going to need much more of this…

This + a splash of half and half + a bit of sugar = delicious!

I feel guilty drinking this! Very tasty.
I started to add milk thinking it might be even more like a chocolate shake, and then I realized, it would be a chocolate shake.

Backlogging from the other night.

Decent little Honeybush blend. The Chocolate Malt flavor is not as strong as it is in my Chocolate Malt Mate from 52Teas. Not sure why! shrug

Not bad, but probably won’t re-order.

I received this in the lovely Herbal Traveling Tea Box. Oh yum! I didn’t think that the dry leaf had much scent but the brewed tea is wonderful. The flavor is a lovely chocolate with a bit of maltiness that combines very well. I haven’t had honey bush before so I don’t know how that is effecting the the taste.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt

From the Caffeine-free/Decaf Traveling Box.

Mmmmm smells so much like a hot chocolate milkshake. It does taste like it too, but only if it’s freshly hot. I think it’s difficult for teas to combine with chocolate, but with this one it’s alright.

I was tempted to pick out and eat the caocao nibs.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

Urm, this doesn’t taste like a chocolate malt to me. It actually reminds me a bit of the taste of my cocoa nibs, which I could likely mix with a little honeybush and get a very similar taste/product. Again, this is an older blend if I’m not mistaken so maybe that has something to do with my ho-hum thoughts about it. It’s not bad, by any means, but to me, it’s just chocolate honeybush which isn’t exactly exciting.

I added a bit of sweetener to it too, for the record.

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML