Chocolate Malt

Honeybush Tea
Chocolate, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

From 52teas

Continuing with the theme of beverages best shared, here’s our take on the classic chocolate malt honeybush-style. Sweet red honeybush, organic cacao nibs, milk chocolate chips and natural flavors. YUMMMMM!

About 52teas View company

This one is pretty good, and definitley unique. Tastes like chocolate malt and honeybush together. I can also smell the chocolate, and the honeybush just makes a sweet and happy base. I sweetened mine and added a small amount of milk. This makes an great evening treat.

The smell of the dry leaves was a little weird. But as it is sitting here brewing, let me tell you, it is starting to smell good.
It has been a few more minutes….such a good chocolaty smell. It is like I am baking something chocolaty on my coffee table (er, tea table).
Took a sip and it is a little sweet and has a subtle chocolate malt flavor. I think with some training, I could drink this as is (I am working on not adding so much sweetener to my teas).
I added a splash of Coldstone Sweet Cream creamer (which tastes like melted coldstone ice cream on its own). It actually did not make it better. It kinda killed the deliciousness of the tea. Tomorrow I will try it with a little sugar and milk.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

One whiff will knock off your bobby socks! This is so chocolately smooth and soothing. And if you drink it hot, you might just throw out your Swiss Miss!

This is quickly becoming my favorite evening tea. I’ve started to crave this almost every day lately. It’s sweet and dessert-like, but without the caffeine – so perfect for the evenings. The smell is chocolate, and that distinctively sweet honeybush smell. I add a touch of milk and it’s my perfect wind-down tea. Sadly, at this rate, the pouch seems so small. I’m going to need much more of this…

This + a splash of half and half + a bit of sugar = delicious!

I feel guilty drinking this! Very tasty.
I started to add milk thinking it might be even more like a chocolate shake, and then I realized, it would be a chocolate shake.

’Here’s Hoping’ Teabox Round #4 – Tea #7

This reminds me of the Malt Yerba Mate blend that 52Teas has. I don’t think it has a ton of chocolate flavor, but there are hints that remind me of malted chocolate. Not the best chocolate tea but not terrible. (I hope some of the new 52Teas blends use cocoa shells in their chocolate blends.) I always love honeybush as a caffeine free option at night though. It seems like 52Teas is really one of the only companies using honeybush. The honeybush is fine on its own anyway, so I don’t mind that the chocolate isn’t the best.

Backlogging from the other night.

Decent little Honeybush blend. The Chocolate Malt flavor is not as strong as it is in my Chocolate Malt Mate from 52Teas. Not sure why! shrug

Not bad, but probably won’t re-order.

I received this in the lovely Herbal Traveling Tea Box. Oh yum! I didn’t think that the dry leaf had much scent but the brewed tea is wonderful. The flavor is a lovely chocolate with a bit of maltiness that combines very well. I haven’t had honey bush before so I don’t know how that is effecting the the taste.

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt

Here’s Hoping TTB Round 4

I forgot I already tried and wrote a tasting note for this! I gave a 76 rating last time?? One year makes a difference even for flavored teas.

I must have underleafed. Last night, this was so good. I thought it really did taste like a milkshake. Rich with chocolate flavor. No need for dessert!