Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Black Tea

Berries, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “I am REALLY tempted to get the iced version of this. REALLY tempted. My one hold up is how much I like it with milk and sugar, though... you can't exactly do iced tea with milk unless it's like...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 767 tasting notes
  • “Mini sipdown. I have officially finished up the last of my first package of this one. I have an unopened package still sitting in my cupboard but i'm fairly certain that will just be tossed into...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4044 tasting notes
  • “This tea is officially my favorite tea. I have put my order in for a pound! Frank has kindly said yes to my request and if all goes well with the mail, I will be receiving a beautiful pound of tea...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “This was my first cup today. Had a late start, but it was so nice to get some extra sleep! This tea is perfect as a breakfast tea. Went nicely with my toast topped with butter and blueberry jam!...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 434 tasting notes

From 52teas

Wow are you guys in for a treat this week!

Here’s our premium Indian black teas (a little extra Assam in this blend since I envisioned it as a breakfast tea) blended with GREAT BIG, whole freeze-dried blueberries and natural flavors. I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY popular blend. Enjoy!

About 52teas View company

Blueberry goodness! I keep wanting to try other tea companies (I’ve had my eye on Butiki Teas for months now), but every time I’m poised to place an order with them, Frank comes up with something else I just can’t resist. The thing is, I’ve never been disappointed with a 52teas order, so it’s just too hard to break the ordering cycle. I’m hooked!

This tea has a nice balance of flavors between the tea and the blueberries. The smell, the taste, ahhh…so unmistakably blueberries! I’m not sure if I’m getting cream cheese, but I do get a bit of the Danish taste at the end of the sip, particularly when the tea cools a bit. Maybe if I play with the water temperature a tad I will get more of that cream cheese taste? Even as I made it – it’s delicious!

Fiddling

You won’t ever be disappointed with Butiki either. :)

Butiki > 52 teas :)

canadianadia

I’ve seen so many good reviews for Butiki Teas…it’s just a matter of time till I place that first order.

Thanks Azzrian for this sample yum! This is my first blueberry flavored tea so yum. You get plump blueberrys and a creaminess from the cream chesse delicious!

Anyone else having a problem with the 52 teas site? It says on my computer the site might have a virus…

That happens all the time. I’ve mentioned it to Frank but since it goes away and comes back not sure what he can do about it. It usually turns into a weird page with tea and medicinal things on it. It’s bizzare. Keep forgetting to take a screenshot to send to frank.

Cedes

Okay I thought maybe it was my tablet. But glad to hear its not just me. It is very strange.

Babble

I just went to the site now and had no problems, but I’ll keep my eye out on it..

52teas

Supposedly, my web host’s security team has finally and permanently fixed this situation. Unfortunately, it will stillt take several days for Google to update it’s search results. (I’ve requested they rescan the site and confirm that it is no longer infected. It just takes time.)

Cedes

Okay thanks at leasr its fixed yay

Least*

Azzrian

Very welcome Cedes glad you liked it!

@ frank if I spot it again ill let you know.

Tastes like a big juicy blueberry! More sweet than tart! With milk, does seem like I am eating a gooey danish.

52teas

Did you see the size of the blueberries in that blend? I was impressed. Anxious to see what else we can do with magnificient blueberries.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Sounds so cool the months almost over and my list of teas to order keeps getting longer and longer.

LiberTEAS

I was about to place an order for this and the Earl Grey Cheesecake today, but I decided to hold off and see what Frank is going to offer next week, and if I want that I’ll order them all at once. So… give us a hint, Frank… is it something that I’m going to want?

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Yes Frank a hint would be fabulous!

evil laugh

Lori

I am still tasting the blueberries this morning…. this is a strong flavored tea!

And yes the berries were big!

Don’t have time for a full review but this was good and now it’s gone. Too bad I couldn’t get it to taste more like dream cheese, but the blueberry was nice.

ummm YUM. I sip this and I get the blueberry of course, but you know that pure sugar coating they put on donuts and danishes that you know was once liquid and they just poured it over…GLAZE, it’s called glaze. I can taste the glaze and it’s freaking crazy awesome. I can taste the cream cheese vanilla-y icing that adds a creaminess to the flavor of the tea. The body is still a beautiful Assam so you don’t forget you’re enjoying a cup of tea, but you remember that you’re enjoying one of the best teas you’ve ever had.

This smells way more just like pure sweet blueberry than it tastes, the flavor encompasses everything you imagine about a danish, like I said from the glaze to the cream cheese filling. I don’t think I can get enough of this.

I can’t wait for this to get to me. Next week! woot woot!

whatshesaid

I will have to try this sometime, the blueberry zabaglione was kinda just meh to me

Jackie T

I don’t really like the strawberry zabaglione either, it’s like too candy sweet without anything else. This has more creaminess and that glaze…I can’t get over that glaze.

Lindsey

I’m with Sil; eagerly waiting for my order of this to come in!

From the Bestsellers Sampler.

This one smells strongly, strongly of blueberry. There are dried blueberries mixed in the tea.

The brewed tea initially tasted weird to me. At first I was thinking there was something wrong or just different in the black tea base that pretty consistent in the 52 teas blends. But as it cooled a bit I realized what I was tasting was the cream cheese taste. There is a light blueberry taste. It is definitely not as strong as it smells. The cream cheese hits towards the end the sip and lingers a bit in the aftertaste. The tea liquor feels thick and creamy. I am maybe getting a few hints of pastry, but not too much.

This one is definitely better and more flavourful as it starts to cool.

As others have said this is a really good tea. The Blueberry is fresh and ripe and not artificial tasting at all. There are in fact blueberries in this tea. The creaminess is present and good, I imagine this would taste amazing with some sugar and milk although it is really not needed but hey if you really want to feel like you are being sinful go right ahead and add it! The sweetness is balanced nicely and does not taste like artificial sweeteners have been added but who knows. I am not QUITE as in love with it as others but its damn good!

The raw blend smells like delicious, juicy blueberries and dark spicy Assam. If anything it’s more cakey or malt loaf than Danish and I couldn’t smell any cream cheese.

Once steeped the aroma is strongly blueberry and somewhat buttery. More fruity than the raw state but more mellow overall.

Flavour is of mellow strength with sweet and creamy blueberries and a touch of earthen spice from the Assam. There is also a sourness to it behind the berries.

It’s nicely blended together and is certainly something I would recommend to any fruit tea lovers (especially blueberry). I have two other blueberry blends that I prefer to this one is goes down as my ‘Third favourite blueberry blend’.

Sip down! Haha. Thanks, Incendiare.

I steeped 3 minutes, took a sip, and went, “Oh crap that was too long.” I ended up adding sugar and creamer so I could enjoy sipping on this tea.

It’s very blueberry, but I don’t know that I get cream cheese or danish. I like the blueberry flavour in this one, for sure. If it was something I could pick up locally, I’d be tempted, but I think I’m going to stick to trying 52teas through swaps. :)

JustJames

sigh, it must be self fulfilling prophesy: almost all of the one serving samples that CHAroma sent me of 52teas i botched. i didn’t get cream cheese either, but i was so horrified that i’d done it AGAIN i didn’t have the heart to review!

Fjellrev

The second steep is the best! You get more of that cream cheese and pastry in there.

Uhh, oops! Too late. :)

Fjellrev

It’s ok, I can give you more if you’d like. :)

OMGsrsly

Yeah, one serving samples are great only if you get it right. :) I’m appreciating them because it means I have a sip down! I might have to take you up on the offer, Incendiare.

This tea is not my favourite….I have a whole unopened package I haven’t decid what to do with…it was a giant disappointment after everyone raving reviews from the first blend of it.

wiicked I’ve been looking for some for so long!!

If anyone has any that would be awesome :)

OMGsrsly

Sil, it’s better than a lot of blueberry teas I’ve tried… granted, most of them were random bagged teas, but still. :)

This is so blueberry-y! This is more the kind of blueberry flavor I was expecting from Blueberry Crumble, but did NOT get. I can see this tea being fantastic in the morning, it just feels like breakfast.

I don’t get a whole lot of pastry or cream cheese flavor when it’s hot, but as it cools those notes are coming out a bit more. I added a splash of almond milk to the end of my last cup, and I do think that enhanced the danish part a bit more.

Second steep is still very flavorful, and with a toned-down berry flavor, it has a bit more of the pastry kind of taste I was expecting.

I think this one might actually be really good mixed with Blueberry Crumble…

yyz

I agree it tastes more like breakfast rather than a rich dessert tea.