Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Black Tea

Berries, Cream, Vanilla, Blueberry, Pastries
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “I am REALLY tempted to get the iced version of this. REALLY tempted. My one hold up is how much I like it with milk and sugar, though... you can't exactly do iced tea with milk unless it's like...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 829 tasting notes
  • “Mini sipdown. I have officially finished up the last of my first package of this one. I have an unopened package still sitting in my cupboard but i'm fairly certain that will just be tossed into...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5357 tasting notes
  • “This tea is officially my favorite tea. I have put my order in for a pound! Frank has kindly said yes to my request and if all goes well with the mail, I will be receiving a beautiful pound of tea...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “This was my first cup today. Had a late start, but it was so nice to get some extra sleep! This tea is perfect as a breakfast tea. Went nicely with my toast topped with butter and blueberry jam!...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 627 tasting notes

From 52teas

Wow are you guys in for a treat this week!

Here’s our premium Indian black teas (a little extra Assam in this blend since I envisioned it as a breakfast tea) blended with GREAT BIG, whole freeze-dried blueberries and natural flavors. I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY popular blend. Enjoy!

About 52teas View company

This sounds delicious. But I’ve had a fair few blueberry teas lately, and this doesn’t taste too different. Maybe even just a bit weaker than some of the others. I definitely am not getting cream cheese out of this one, which is seriously bumming me out. I was hoping for an almost blueberry-vanilla. Something with an almost blueberry tea-latte taste to it. But it’s mostly just black tea with a pale note of blueberry. Argh. So wanted to like this one! I’ve tried messing with the steep time, but just got oversteeped black tea if I left it longer than 5 minutes.

(Edited- after reading the other reviews I am seriously confused. I do not get anything even remotely resembling pastry, vanilla, danish, dough, or anything else other than faint blueberry out of my pouch. So weird!!)

Uniquity

I get hardcore blueberry usually, but I haven’t go the danish or cream cheese thing yet.. However, I do love love love it. I’m sorry it didn’t work for you! :(

Lisbet

Me too! I feel left out. I so want to love it.

QueenOfTarts

Same thing happened to me with the strawberry pie honeybush and the strawberry zabaglione — no creamy, custardy notes at all.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

That’s to bad. I loved this one.

52teas

I’m sorry this one didn’t hit the mark for you. It is amazing to me how different people have completely different experiences with the same tea. At least you tried it before rating it (GRRR. See my rant here: http://steepster.com/discuss/1526-rating-teas-you-have-not-tried-wth )

Lisbet

Oh my god, I can’t believe someone would do that! Not only did I try it, I have finished half the bag in my effort to figure out how my experience could differ so much from others. I mean, my reviews might not be the best written out there (by far), but I’m definitely serious about them. My other online review pet peeve is when people use product review spaces to review shipping experiences (I see that on Amazon all the time). Boo.

I have been failing at logging tea lately!! But I made a latte out of this over the weekend and it was AMAZING!!!!! It was an unsweetened latte but the foam on top tasted like blueberry ice cream! It was sweet and creamy and a little bit bakerish!! It was one of the best lattes I have ever had. The ice malted chocoMate may be better but only by a smidgin. How I love my milk frother!!!!

I’m not sure why I didn’t buy this blend when it first popped up. I had immediate regret after reading all of the yummy reviews. I realized that I HAD to try some and see what the talk is all about. Yssah generously shared a sample with me and this is my cup of choice this afternoon! Thank you!

Sipping… I detect a rather smooth and subtle tea. It’s primarily a black tea base followed by a whisper of blueberry. Darn. I was really looking forward to some of that cream cheese/pastry flavor as well! It seems like my tastebuds either hit the mark with 52 Teas blends or they completely miss. Now, this isn’t a bad tea… but it seems to be just a subtle blueberry black tea. I still have about a cup’s worth left to try and coax out more of the creamy danish flavor.

Thanks to Meghann M for sending me this one and several other 52teas, etc to try. I was like a kid at Christmas with all the pkgs! :0)

Wow, am I sorry I missed this one. Delish! I love it! Prolly the best blueberry tea I’ve had so far! Its the perfect morning tea. Just the right sweetness to get you going. Oh Yum! Gonna have to make this one last as long as possible!

2017 tasting notes

Tea #4 from Another Traveling Tea Box

This tea has been on my shopping list for awhile now, so I’m glad to finally be able to try it. A huge thanks to whoever included this in the TTB! I haven’t had much luck finding a lot of 52teas blend that I’ve liked, but this ended up being one of my favorites.

They dry leaf of this tea smelled wonderful, you could smell the blueberries and a hint of something else. I can’t put my finger on what that something else may be, but my sense of smell isn’t back entirely yet, maybe by Monday? I’m not tasting the cream-cheese aspect of this tea, but I am definitely tasting the big juicy blueberries that I was able to smell in the dry leaf.

I don’t get much of the danish flavor either, but right this second that isn’t bothering me. I’m still stuck on the intense blueberry flavor, I just love blueberries and have been searching for my favorite blueberry tea. This comes close, so I’ll need to try and procure a little bit more. I just can’t make up my mind after only two cups and it is a shame this is OOS.

I am picking up a hint of astringency even at 4m, so perhaps next time I will steep it for a little less time.

Just a little side note: I just saw that the 52teas blend of the week is Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake Honeybush. I’m intrigued, I’ve really enjoyed some of Frank’s honeybush blends, so I’m going to go place my first 52teas order and pick up a bag of Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Green while I’m at it. I think I’ll enjoy the green base even more than the black. Happy 5th Anniversary to me, I’m going to break my hiatus.

This tea will not be continuing on, I finished off the last of the sample.

Thanks jessiwrites for sending some of this my way :)

I love getting the opportunity to try any 52Teas blends since I’m just not ready to try these in full sizes, especially since they’re such limited time teas.

This tea had a lovely blueberry and vanilla scent dry. Once steeped it smelled much more like blueberries than vanilla. The taste was also much more blueberries then anything else, perhaps slightly creamy. I’m not so sure if the black base lends itself to this tea so well. It seems almost too strong and overpowers everything except the blueberry flavour? I could be wrong though. Either way this was an enjoyable cup, but I don’t think I need to order it myself.

I really like blueberry teas, and I really like Assam, so that’s where this one stands. I seem to have a relationship with the teas from Zoomdweebies/52 Teas where I either REALLY get it or I don’t. This is one of those where I don’t really get that cream cheese Danish blah blah blah but the blueberry is nice enough.

GiggleGoddess

I like Assam and blueberries too! I didn’t know that one used an Assam…

Rachel Sincere

I guess it’s not all Assam. The description says in part: “Here’s our premium Indian black teas (a little extra Assam in this blend since I envisioned it as a breakfast tea)”

QueenOfTarts

Completely with you on either getting 52teas blends or not!

Finally trying this one (ok tried this morning) and it is so good. Again I got a lot of comments on the smell of blueberries in my office. :) The yummy blueberry taste and kick of black tea was just what I was looking for to get me moving this morning! Best part is that the smell is still hanging around this afternoon even if the tea is long gone. Thank you RachanaC (A.K.A. Rachel) for rescuing this one!!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Oh so happy this worked out. It really is delicious! :-)

The Purrfect Cup

Have you ever tried it iced?

Another sample from Rachel!! Yet another one of Frank’s blends that I missed the first time around.

It tastes just like the blueberry filling that’s in danishes. The cream cheese flavor is really prominent when I add milk…and I found that I actually prefer this one with milk! It’s decadent and full-bodied, definitely a special morning treat. This is another one that should be made permanent so that I don’t have to be without it…especially since the entire pot is now in my belly.

Oh, and Frank…any chance a peanut butter fudge tea could be in the works? Maybe with a honeybush base?

Kristen

I would SOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE a Peanut butter chocolate tea!!!!!!!! I love chocolate cake with Peanut butter icing! It is my ALL time favorite!! PLEASE Frank PLEASE :)

So I’ve been a bit worried about trying this. I was so excited to try this I could hardly stand it, but after hearing about all about the “chemical taste” “cheap wine taste” “off-taste” etc comments from Steepsterites the past couple weeks, I almost dreaded my order arriving, and finding out if I was one of the unlucky ones too.

The smell is promising so far. It’s overwhelmingly of blueberry, and doesn’t seem to be anything weird. I like my teas fairly strong, so if I’m given a steeping window, I always try it on the strongest first. The website suggested 4-5 minutes, so I went with 5. The liquor is … VERY dark. Haha. Like BLACK. This black tea earned its name, hehe.

Sipping it now, I get a strong blueberry flavor, and a thick sweetness, which I imagine is emulating the ‘cream cheese danish’ part. I’m wishing I tried this before I ate that lasagna though, because I’m not sure if that tang yet is authentically like cream cheese, or if it’s that chemical taste I’ve been hearing about since the tomato sauce is throwing me off.

I’m thinking this one would do better with a four minute steep instead of a five. It has that funny taste that you get when you steep a strong black for too long, almost like you’ve just cooked it a bit.

I tried a second infusion, and either this one does NOT re-steep well at all, or it’s because I killed it with a five minute infusion the first time around.

All in all, it’s promising. Now when I smell the dry leaf after having a cup, I smell the the cream cheesy sweetness in addition to the blueberries. Grabbed some fresh leaf and going try out a four minute infusion this time around, still with boiling water.

Now that my mouth is rinsed of the lasagne, I’m trying the second cup of this, this time at four minutes judging by what I could discern from the first. Now I can definitely tell that losing that minute has caused less of the actual flavor to come through, but the black tea itself has improved now that it hasn’t been oversteeped. Perhaps five minutes and under boiling will be the magic touch? I want to avoid the using extra leaf route if possible, because extra leaf means less cups, which means this face: :(

Anyway, musings about the perfect parameters aside, this is some serious yum in a cup. The blueberries taste JUICY, and there’s that thick, tangy sweet cream cheese flavor which practically makes my eyes roll back into my head.

I’m going to say something extremely selfish, so you may want to avert your eyes from the following sentence: Why did I not order all seven pouches that were available at the time of ordering!?

This is good. Really good. I’m putting myself on that waiting list on the website. :)

Boiling