Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish Black Tea

Berries, Cream, Vanilla, Blueberry, Pastries
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

2 Images

• “I am REALLY tempted to get the iced version of this. REALLY tempted. My one hold up is how much I like it with milk and sugar, though... you can't exactly do iced tea with milk unless it's like...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 814 tasting notes
  • “Mini sipdown. I have officially finished up the last of my first package of this one. I have an unopened package still sitting in my cupboard but i'm fairly certain that will just be tossed into...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “This tea is officially my favorite tea. I have put my order in for a pound! Frank has kindly said yes to my request and if all goes well with the mail, I will be receiving a beautiful pound of tea...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “This was my first cup today. Had a late start, but it was so nice to get some extra sleep! This tea is perfect as a breakfast tea. Went nicely with my toast topped with butter and blueberry jam!...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 609 tasting notes

From 52teas

Wow are you guys in for a treat this week!

Here’s our premium Indian black teas (a little extra Assam in this blend since I envisioned it as a breakfast tea) blended with GREAT BIG, whole freeze-dried blueberries and natural flavors. I have a feeling this is going to be a VERY popular blend. Enjoy!

About 52teas View company

Having a nice biscuity, raisiny assam base with some body this tea does make a nice breakfast tea as intended. The flavouring is nice with the fruit tasting like cooked berry,paired with the naturally biscuity flavour of the tea it certainly does evoke the taste of some blueberry baked good. To me though the tang in the flavouring evokes the memory of my mothers pancake batter made with yogurt, instead of a cream cheese danish, however this is a good memory. Regardless the tea is delicious. The tea interacts with the blueberries to create a slightly smokey, slightly chocolate undertone beneath the fruit and pastry. I don’t really get any notes of frosting, either the sweetness or the vanilla accents that are often in it, but I suppose if you added sugar you might get these notes, however this is not necessary. The tea is very nice as it is and resteeps well with decent fruit flavour for the first two and a nice tea flavour for the third.

Out of all of the teas I ordered, this is my favorite! I’m a big fan of the freeze-dried blueberries in this and rescued them from the strainer to throw back in my cup. I took the advice of other notes by trying a second steep and it was just as good! It’s a creamy black tea with a nice blueberry finish.

If you’re craving a snack then add a little cream to this and it’ll really bring out the pastry flavor! Add sugar and you have a liquid dessert. ;)

Yvonne

Mmmmmm…this sounds lovely!

Alright third times a charm, my third time trying to write this note today.

I received this from Courtney

So it’s blueberry (ish- definitely not Northern Ontario Blueberry.) I’m not getting any cream cheese or Danish flavours. I dunno I was so excited to try this & it’s just meh.
I do have more on it’s way from someone else, maybe it was just this sample, a lil cross contamination perhaps.

Don’t hold you breath. As I understand this reblend is mostly meh

Fiddling

I eagerly scooped up a pouch of this after it was reblended. I’ve tried it twice, and both times all I got was blueberry and no cream cheese. I’m hoping I will figure out a way to coax out the cream cheese danish bits of the flavor before I reach the end of the pouch, but I’m a bit skeptical.

Thanks JackieT for sending me this sample. I drank the whole sample tonight in 3 separate steeps. I like it best at 90 C for 3.5 minutes. I also like more rather than less leaf.
This is a great blueberry black tea, sadly though I was expecting some of the cream cheese danish part of the name to shine through. I’m not getting it, I played with steep times and temp and I get blueberry, but not the rest. :((

This is definately my favorite of Frank’s teas that I have tried so far. Yummy blueberry flavors mixed with cheesecake (I have never tried a cream cheese danish). Tastes great alone, but the flavors are enhanced by a little milk and sugar

Thanks for the sample Yssah! This is a solid blueberry flavored black tea. I don’t really get the “danish” aspect but it is tasty nonetheless! :)

So, a while back, I was taking stock of my tea purchasing patterns and had noticed that they had somehow devolved to the point where they could easily be summarized as “just send all my tea money to 52teas,” which, while certainly a sound tea buying strategy that will yield a lot of nifty, delicious tea, meant that I found myself without some of my staples (NEED MOAR EARL GREY). So I consciously tried not to be tempted whenever the weekly notification of a new blend came up. BUT! When I saw that Frank had reblended this AND the coconut cheesecake honeybush, I knew there was no way I could resist. Grabbed both, and a few days later here we are, which is interesting because usually my 52teas orders take a while to arrive (ll have to try this with a bit more leaf next time to see if that strengthens the other tastes.

Edit: Had to go shopping and come back to realize this, but my room now smells like blueberries :D

Accidentally left this in my car for a few days. Wow, it is fragrant in there now! :) It still tastes wonderful and is doing the job of waking me up quite nicely (thank goodness). Will be out soon, sadly, but the upside to that is more room in the tea cupboard and I can try new tea. ;)

I really enjoyed trying this tea for the first time. The creaminess does a really good job of balancing out the sweetness of the blueberry.. it was delicious hot!

I have been having the hardest time finding a time and temp to brew this tea at to get the delicious results everyone else gets. I think this is the best so far with a low temp and 2 minute steep. I’m getting blueberries as the dominant flavor, but I still don’t get the cream cheese, danish or buttery crust flavors. I have been noticing that my favorite 52teas are ones that don’t have a black base. I’d be really interested in trying the green tea version of this, but the black just isn’t winning me over here. Too bad for me. :/