White Chocolate Grasshopper Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by 52teas

• “Thanks to *Batrachoid* for this sample. This is really good. It is similar to DAVIDsTEA mint chocolate rooibos. But, this one has white chocolate with a honeybush base. It is nice and smooth...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “What must my mailman think of me? For nearly 4 years, all he delivered was bills, a card or two, and the odd package or two once or twice a year. I had 4 packages in my box today. Had 2...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “Well... I managed one sipdown tonight, at least! Although since I drank a whopping half cup of cold tea yesterday, I really needed to have made more progress than this today... Anyways, this is...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2365 tasting notes
  • “Just received this in the mail this afternoon. I have to admit that this was one that I wasn't sure if I'd order or not. I mean, it sounded good, but, I wasn't sure if it was necessarily one that...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes

From 52teas

One of our regulars is always trying to combine different combinations of vanilla and mint. His most recent favorite is blending our vanilla bean cheesecake chai with the mintastic. So, this one is for Truong.

Here’s a caffeine-free African honeybush blended with white chocolate chips, organic vanilla beans and fresh cut spearmint. Enjoy!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of October 5th, 2010

About 52teas View company

You know, the name of this tea was a big part of the reason why I got it. I mean, grasshopper tea? With white chocolate? Come on, how can that not be awesome?

It smells like creme de menthe liqueur mixed with white chocolate – very mouth-watering (I love white chocolate). At first the tea mostly tasted like mint and honeybush but when it cooled a bit the sweet choclolate and the vanilla were more easily apparent. The result is a lightly sweet, creamy tea with just the right amount of cool, refreshing mint. It’s a unique and delicious blend that’s another winner from 52Teas.

Where to begin? I had just gave into the naughty tea demons perched on my shoulder and purchased two of the 52 tea honeybush blends. It was daring, since I had yet to sample a honey bush tea, and red bush doesn’t get on with me for some reason.

Fast forward to the next week, the new teas hadn’t yet arrived & now there is a White Chocolate Grasshopper tea to be had. OMG!!! The tea demons were clamouring, the penny pinching angels were ’tsk’ing vigourously. How could I justify? How could I know? What do I do?

Well, guess what. I did it.
And when to came, it smelled of gentle spearmint bending on a white chocolate breeze. The tea (w/ milk) was amazing. Gentle, sweet. Minty. Chocolatey. Lovely. It lived up to the special magic that I feel with a cup of Tetley’s (the proper english tea) on a bad day…it was a ‘hug in a cup.’ But this wasn’t a bad day at all, this was cause for celebration. For this heralds the arrival of the “tea of happiness” :D

All is happy here in the world of tea. ….but I don’t even want to think what will happen when I run out. :O

Cofftea

I hate red bush. LOVE green bush though!

Very nice. I’ve learned that I don’t love tisanes, but this one is good as they go. Really lovely, sweet, just minty enough goodness. I tried it hot and cold, and definitely prefer it hot. What a nice variation on mint and honey bush, all rolled into one!

The last of the samples I ordered from Rachel!

This one sounded good in theory – I like honeybush, I like spearmint, and I like white chocolate. And it is both tasty and accurate to each of these flavors – however there’s something about the aroma that is really off putting. I don’t know what it is specifically, and why I only get it in the smell and not the taste – but it’s really taking away from what would be a pleasing late afternoon drink.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is pretty yummy. Definitely has a sweetness to it that I like (I think it’s the vanilla and perhaps the white chocolate), but also a nice mint component as well. I think that the mint is the dominant flavor, followed by the sweetness in the swallow. The honeybush is a fantastic background for these flavors. Not my favorite from 52Teas, but I’m glad that I tried a pouch. It’s a bit too much mint and not enough of the vanilla/chocolate. I might want to try this tea iced now that the weather is getting warmer!

How did I miss this? Oh how? How? :)