White Chocolate Grasshopper Honeybush

Honeybush Tea
Spearmint, Vanilla, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

• “Thanks to Batrachoid for this sample. This is really good. It is similar to DAVIDsTEA mint chocolate rooibos. But, this one has white chocolate with a honeybush base. It is nice...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 885 tasting notes
  • “What must my mailman think of me? For nearly 4 years, all he delivered was bills, a card or two, and the odd package or two once or twice a year. I had 4 packages in my box today. Had 2...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “Well… I managed one sipdown tonight, at least! Although since I drank a whopping half cup of cold tea yesterday, I really needed to have made more progress than this today… Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “Just received this in the mail this afternoon. I have to admit that this was one that I wasn’t sure if I’d order or not. I mean, it sounded good, but, I wasn’t sure if it was...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4833 tasting notes

From 52teas

One of our regulars is always trying to combine different combinations of vanilla and mint. His most recent favorite is blending our vanilla bean cheesecake chai with the mintastic. So, this one is for Truong.

Here’s a caffeine-free African honeybush blended with white chocolate chips, organic vanilla beans and fresh cut spearmint. Enjoy!

Our Tea of the Week for the week of October 5th, 2010

About 52teas View company

You know, the name of this tea was a big part of the reason why I got it. I mean, grasshopper tea? With white chocolate? Come on, how can that not be awesome?

It smells like creme de menthe liqueur mixed with white chocolate – very mouth-watering (I love white chocolate). At first the tea mostly tasted like mint and honeybush but when it cooled a bit the sweet choclolate and the vanilla were more easily apparent. The result is a lightly sweet, creamy tea with just the right amount of cool, refreshing mint. It’s a unique and delicious blend that’s another winner from 52Teas.

Where to begin? I had just gave into the naughty tea demons perched on my shoulder and purchased two of the 52 tea honeybush blends. It was daring, since I had yet to sample a honey bush tea, and red bush doesn’t get on with me for some reason.

Fast forward to the next week, the new teas hadn’t yet arrived & now there is a White Chocolate Grasshopper tea to be had. OMG!!! The tea demons were clamouring, the penny pinching angels were ’tsk’ing vigourously. How could I justify? How could I know? What do I do?

Well, guess what. I did it.
And when to came, it smelled of gentle spearmint bending on a white chocolate breeze. The tea (w/ milk) was amazing. Gentle, sweet. Minty. Chocolatey. Lovely. It lived up to the special magic that I feel with a cup of Tetley’s (the proper english tea) on a bad day…it was a ‘hug in a cup.’ But this wasn’t a bad day at all, this was cause for celebration. For this heralds the arrival of the “tea of happiness” :D

All is happy here in the world of tea. ….but I don’t even want to think what will happen when I run out. :O

I hate red bush. LOVE green bush though!

Very nice. I’ve learned that I don’t love tisanes, but this one is good as they go. Really lovely, sweet, just minty enough goodness. I tried it hot and cold, and definitely prefer it hot. What a nice variation on mint and honey bush, all rolled into one!

The last of the samples I ordered from Rachel!

This one sounded good in theory – I like honeybush, I like spearmint, and I like white chocolate. And it is both tasty and accurate to each of these flavors – however there’s something about the aroma that is really off putting. I don’t know what it is specifically, and why I only get it in the smell and not the taste – but it’s really taking away from what would be a pleasing late afternoon drink.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is pretty yummy. Definitely has a sweetness to it that I like (I think it’s the vanilla and perhaps the white chocolate), but also a nice mint component as well. I think that the mint is the dominant flavor, followed by the sweetness in the swallow. The honeybush is a fantastic background for these flavors. Not my favorite from 52Teas, but I’m glad that I tried a pouch. It’s a bit too much mint and not enough of the vanilla/chocolate. I might want to try this tea iced now that the weather is getting warmer!

How did I miss this? Oh how? How? :)

review from NEW 52 teas.

I am a fan of this one. It won’t top my list of mint chocolate teas ever, but it’s a good one. What is particularly appealing to me is the use of spearmint. There never seems to be enough mint chocolate spearmint teas. this is like winter to me..that sensation when you brush your teeth and then suck cold air in to your mouth… only not as intense because of the white chocolate which smooths things out a little. Yep. I’ll enjoy my little sampler or this one.

It is evening, just a few hours before bedtime, and I find myself wondering what non-caffeinated tea I am going to drink.

Maple Oh Canada I think. And then, no, I decide against it. So, I rustle through my rooibos and honeybush stash.

Aha! White Chocolate Grasshopper Honeybush! Am I ready for risk-taking with an unknown—to me— tea at the moment?

I am almost certain that I am going to dislike this tea. Spearmint—-bah! Any mint, really.

I open the pouch. The dry leaf smells great: vanilla and mint. Fresh and fresh.

I boil the water. Because I don’t have a temperature-controlled teakettle, I add a couple of spoons of cold water to cool the water a bit and prevent that sour wood honeybush thing.

The steeped tea smells great: pretty much like the dry leaf smells. And the taste is right there too. The vanilla has mellowed the mint right out. The honeybush grounds the blend but stays in the background. A bit sweet, a bit herbal. Just right.

Not bad for an evening cup or two or three of a tea I was determined not to like.

Flavors: Spearmint, Vanilla

Yup, definitely seems that I am on a sip down mission today… After three years in California we’ve been advised that our company is looking to move us again. So I’ve started working my way thought the house spring cleaning style like I always do when we get this news to make it just a little less stressful when the movers eventually turn up to move us who knows where. I’ve started in the kitchen because its always helpful to know what food we have to try to eat through, give away, donate and dispose of and of course I need a good dose of caffeine to keep me motivated and moving through this process… or in this instance, a non-caffeinated break to stop me from getting super jittery!!

This is the reblend of the tea by the new 52 Teas – I cold brewed it up and although I’m getting the minty grasshopper flavors, I’m not getting much chocolate and unfortunately there’s another flavor that I can’t put my finger on that I’m not finding all that pleasant. It might be the honeybush base as I’m not the hugest fan of this type of tea. Down the sink this one is going… but I have plenty of other great 52 teas to take its place both in my cup and in my cupboard.

doh. that’s too bad. This one sounded really good. Hoepfully you find out where you’re moving soon..or if.

Ah, the weather has FINALLY become November-ish. The high today was 39 I believe, and since a couple of my windows were open a crack, it felt like it! Tonight I am enjoying a pot of this tea. It’s a delightful cup for an evening of eating English muffins and watching TV. I still really like this one. Even without a sense of smell I get the mint. Delicious!